1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring Xbox To Original State

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by AlexF713, Aug 10, 2007.

1. AlexF713

AlexF713 Member

I softmodded my xbox using sid 4.0. needless to say i m now running Unleash X. i want to bring my xbox back to its orginal state, as of late ive been getting the 21 error which is something wrong with dashboard. i did a back up off my orignal when i used the installer. i downloaded the same installer again and put it on my memory card. with unleash x how can i swap the file from my mem card to the hard drive. i go to gamesave mananger and dont see anything, i may just use file explorer.

2. AlexF713

AlexF713 Member

ok, now for some reason my unleash x wont boot up and the original one does, i can play games, when i go to xbox live it gives me 21. i have the SID 4.0 Knave on my memory card and when i try to transfer it over using Xboxs memory manager unit i go to copy and i hit a but nothing happens.

3. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I dont know why it wouldnt copy your files over to your xbox hdd. If all else fails you could always ftp the C: folder to your pc. Use Xboxhdm 1.9 to rebuild the hdd back to original state.

4. AlexF713

AlexF713 Member

alright ill try that ftping the whole hard drive over and then rebuilding it, is there a utorial for this?

5. AlexF713

AlexF713 Member

ok when i go to ftp the newest ms dashboard i can trasfer everything except a a select few files in the folder xboxdashdata.185ead00 it transfer all but 14 files which are o bytes if you check the properites on them, it could be a lack of space or something is wrong. i only have .14mb free on my c drive

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  6. AlexF713

AlexF713 Member

i cant get this thing back to its original state, cant i just wipe the whole thing some how?

7. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

You can wipe it clean as long as you have the original C: partition. Personally just to be safe i would burn AID 4 to a cd, boot to that disc (I had to use a pc drive in the xbox to do this) and backup MS Dash to a folder in E: or somewhere like that. And then ftp that folder just to make sure your good whenever you rebuild it.

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use my new XboxHDM Hotswap tutorial!