1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retail Disc Not Working But Backups Are?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by eric4179, Dec 19, 2007.

1. eric4179

eric4179 Member

I have a ms28 flash with Ixtreme 1.2c and i tryed to play my friends retail version of madden 08 and it does not play. It says that "this game should be played in an xbox 360 console" but it's plays backup disc just fine. anybody ever had this problem? could it be the firmware or is the drive going bad it does make a loud grinding noise when disc is loading and when the disc is spinning and abruptly gets slowed down very fast like when you exit the game by pressing the Y button to go to dashboard. I was thinking about using some older firmware like 5.3 because it was not making that noise then it's already a banned console. or has this come from usage and firmware wont do any good?
    I dont know and what about it not playing the original disc but playing the backups! So if anybody can help thanks.

Any idea about the loud grinding noise like this one i saw on youtube:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpA0o_c4ZYw
    It does not scratch the disk only makes that noise. see a fix for the Hitachi drives here:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgU1lC8k8k
    but what about the Samsung Ms28? or could it be the same fix!

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i had this problem with ea games before and also gears of war. i think it has something to do with security sector file located in a different spot or something along those lines. just update your firmware or you could revert back to an older one considering your system is currently banned. how long has it been banned? because i had a friend who was banned and he tried his system about 6 months later and it went back to live. so maybe it was a temp thing i am not sure or maybe just a fluke, just try and see what happens.

3. eric4179

eric4179 Member

Okay everybody opened up dvd drive and the magnet was still in place so i was like dam! thought that was the problem so i just cleaned the laser with q-tip and alcohol to see if it would work before i flash it again. And guess what? that did the job! now it plays everything and while u can still hear the drive spinning, the loud grinding noise is gone. so i would tell anybody with the same problem to clean the laser first if the magent is not the problem.

4. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

i have the same problem...just i have to reboot the system for it to work...my system is barly a month old not even and after i flashed it..it gave me this problem..i tried 4 disks 3 of them gave me white screen, but 1 worked correctly when i inserted it..strange maybe i needa clean my laser? was it dirty or something?