1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Rabgix, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Rabgix

Rabgix Member

How can i get to my data on my ps2 memory card? On my browser it says unformatted after a year. Its a 16mb max memory card and im really paranoid. And if i take to a data retrieval store will they be able to get it back.

2. jolimule

jolimule Member

3. Rabgix

Rabgix Member

What is swap magic? Tell me!

4. jolimule

jolimule Member

you can use action replay or gameshark

5. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

It sounds like your memorycard is corrupted.
    You might have to end up formating it.

6. Rabgix

Rabgix Member

What will the action replay or the gameshark do? Or the Pen drive with ULaunch elf? I need the actual process so if i do it i dont destroy what i have.

7. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Ulaunch elf can be used to browse your memorycard, and copy files from it to the usbstick etc. Once youve copied it I think you have to rebuild it for the new memorycard or something along the lines of that.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481 - CHeck there about the save building etc.

It could work in your case, but you have to buy either swap magic, coder breaker or someway to boot off a usbstick. Maybe if a mate has a modchip or something? Try it on his/hers. If the memorycard is corrputed then I dont think it will work, but if you have the right gears to try it then you got nothing to lose.

8. Rabgix

Rabgix Member

Usb is just a flash drive right? and how do I get my memory card data to the computer in the first place?

9. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Well if you got your ULE running up, then you can use that program to browse the memorycard, then you copy all you date onto your usbstick. Then onto computer, then using that save building program you use that, chuck it back onto the usbstick, then I guess use ULE to transfer back to the memcard.

Ive never tried it before, but thats how i guess it works.

10. Rabgix

Rabgix Member

Thanks guys ill totally try it! I really cant lose my kingdom hearts 2 and .hack gu data.

11. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Oh actually sh*t that might not work lol But you might as well try it.
    But you can try using armax or codebreakers, They have memorycard managers which is for transfering to the com and back. You might want to look up a tutorial as Ive never tried it. Or if you find a way to play back ups, try and get a backup copy of it. Theres plenty on the net.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007