1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning 360 to costco

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by acebailey, Jun 4, 2007.

1. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

I bought a 360 at costco in December of last year, it is still under warranty. I had the 360 flashed and was banned from xbox live. I bought another 360 off ebay, but it started to give the three red lights. I have the original box and recipt for the 360 I bought at costco. I'm going to try and return the ebay 360 to costco. The manufacture date on it is 2006-03-11 . Does anyone no if costco scans the back of the 360 or do they scan the box that the 360 came in? If they scan the 360 then I will just ship the 360 to MS with my receipt for a free repair., but was hoping they didint scan the back of the 360.

2. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey i returned a 360 to costco. They did scan the box but I can't remember if they matched the serial number on the cosole with the box?

3. omartian

omartian Member

Bought mine in Jan '07 and at that point costco did not have the 90 day rule of returns on electronics. I went to costco and asked if I could return my console b/c the hard drive is defective and they said it was ok, until I told them it was older than 90 days. I told them that when I bought the console that was not a part of the return policy and I should be able to return it. I went to the costco website and it says that the 90 day return policy is in effect for computers, tv's, cameras, and the like, but not video game consoles specifically.

So, long and short of it is, When did you originally buy your console and when did you return it? Thanks.

4. navsav

navsav Regular member

I returned mine after 6 months and they said the return policy did not apply to vid game consoles so said no problem to my return and future returns. This is the costco in Phoenix so not sure if the guy i talked to was nicer!

5. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

I'm leaving now to take it back. I have not switched the bar codes or anything. I have a receipt and original box. I dont want to mess around with the stickers on the xbox or anything because I can still send it M$ if costco doent want to exchange it...

6. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

Just got back and got a full refund! Had original receipt and all packaging. They did not scan the 360. I went and bought a brand new one with the refund and they let me exchange the hard drives as well!