1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverting back to the original setting

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by shakim, Nov 24, 2003.

1. shakim

shakim Regular member

I am trying to mdo my xbox. I bought the xecuter 2.2 pro and a western digital 120gb HD. I have the evox bios. And using Slayer's auto install 2.5 to do all that. My question is, What do I need to do inorder to set up my xbox so I can turn of the mod chip and everything would work as if I and a OEM xbox. I know I have to have a on/off switch. Do I have to have the origianl bios installed? If, so Where do I install it meaning I'm going to be flashing the chip with evox. Also I am doing to be taking out the Hard Drive and putting in the 120GB?

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You will need to lock the harddrive using ConFigMagic which should be included with Slayers. Once you turn off the chip it will boot from the original Xbox bios stored on the motherboard and load the original Xbox dash.

RustyDog

3. shakim

shakim Regular member

So even after flashing the bios, is the orginal bios is still there or do I have to install that? How do I know if my hard drive is lockable? I have a 120gb Western Digital. Will this be lockable? finally, does the on/off switch come with the xecuter 2.3 pro or do I have to purchase it seperately?

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If your installing a chip then you aren't doing anything to the original Microsoft bios.
    Not sure what the X2 chips come with and whats extra.
    There is a list of lockable harddrives on the Xbox-scene forums. You can match up your model # to thst. Most likely it will be.

RustyDog

5. shakim

shakim Regular member

So let me recap, inorder to do this I have to have a hard drive that is lockable, a chip that has a on/off switch and configmagic to lock the drive. In order for the xbox to load into OEM state, Do I have to reinstall the orginal Harddrive or will the xbox load of the modded hard drive

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

As long as you have the original Xbox dash files installed on your new harddrive, and the harddrive is locked, then where ever you turn the chip off the Xbox will act as if the chip isn't even there.

RustyDog