1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

review of ghost switch for new ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Atom_224, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

product is about two pea sized pieces of plastic. They look cheap but are perfectly sized to fit in the pstwo. One is a cap that slides over the rear lid sensor (this requires taking the top off of your ps2) do it carefully using the warranty sticker as a hinge and there is no line or evidence that the machine was opened. The second "switch" is just a piece of plastic that blocks the front lid sensor. It clips into place and then the top can be reassembled. The lid tab on the top of the ps2 lid has to be cut off. This was easy with some wire cutters. This I am sure will void the warranty. Booting is just using the swap magic dvd, ejecting and using the backup of the ps2 game. Very simple to install and use. It did take over two weeks to arrive but maybe that had something to do with the holidays. I ordered them from clearxbox dot com and with the swap dvd/cd it was only 25 dollars shipped (they had a free shipping code). Hope this helps, I can field some questions if there are any.

Atom

ps- I am in know way affiliated with the manufacturer

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  2. kulprit

kulprit Member

2 questions, first did it come with any directions or pictures to help you, like what to cut off or where exactly put the switches. secondly what about the internal switch all the way to the bottom left of the ps2slim do you use a switch for that as well? also would you say this is a easy to do as putting on a flip top case for the regular ps2? thanks