1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolutionary file-sharing software, ES5, finally available

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Shoey, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Earth Station 5 p2p file sharing client now available for download!
    http://www.earthstation5.com/homeweb.html

Shoey_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    ------------------------
    DVD-Rom: LiteON LTD 165H
    CDRW: Polaroid BurnMAX48
    CP: Athlon XP 1.7
    Win2k Pro
    WinXP Pro
    [/small]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I already checked it out but it failed to impress me!! i know there arent much users yet but it just looks so cheap and everyuthing lol!!

3. glenn-Oz

glenn-Oz Guest

Dela
    You are a hard nut to impress aint u....lol, but on a more serious note if this thing can do what it says it can (anonymity) it will beat all others hands down, Ive known some people d/l from ES5 and they say it's lightning fast, much faster than k++, I say give it another month or so, until more users start using it.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

We also have have to give the program time. Napster wasn't a instant success right from the start.

Shoey

5. Dela

glenn-oz: I dont like kazaa or k++ either. If it can achieve anonymity then cool but seriously, sharing a few movies do you think you are in danger in a crowd of millions of people??

Shoey: Napster didnt have any big rivals, only search engines wheras earth station 5 is kinda late released

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Dela,
    Can't "dog" a program that is just getting it's feet on the ground. Many programs out there took awhile to be a success. Earth Station 5< I dunno..

Shoey

7. glenn-Oz

glenn-Oz Guest

Dela, es5 being a "late release" as you call it, whats wrong with that, as governments and organisations develop programs to find sources of download to see what people are sharing and whom they are, the p2p community has to keep abreast of the times and try to keep ahead of them, who knows what will deveolop of ES5, but I for one hope it can achieve all it is said it can, besides its still only a Beta at the moment, so dont expect to much from it just yet, I like you are hanging back to see what eventuates

8. Dela

Shoey, I aint it just looks like a kazaa all over again!!

glenn oz, dont get me wrong, better late than never, keep em coming im just saying I dont think it will be ""[bold]Revolutionary[/bold]"".