1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIAA begin: 261 users sued!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys

I'm currently on a kind of a break from the forum for a few weeks but ill still be answering threads im already subscribed to, I just wanted to post about this and hear it from all, what they think should be done about this.

Firstly, this isn't about mp3 to me, this is that fact that 261 users were sued because of something they did on the internet. The internet does not belong to the RIAA nor does it belong to Governments or any organisations. It doesnt lie in one country, its all over the world! Anyway, enuff of those little facts, try these little facts, The RIAA say that the fall of cd sales is caused by p2p?? oh ye, im sure it is guys, you're absolutely right *severe sarcasm!!!!!!* what about the massive amount of Piracy in Asia? that not effect the global cd sales fall at all? nah even that, how about the fact that album quality has dropped but the price is staying the same?? how about the fact that people may prefer to buy a DVD than a CD? how about the fact that there are better things to buy now, like mobile phones for example!! Of course u would say all that bullshit, u dont have a clue! You've had your money, so there is no need to be intelligent and m,ake intelligent decisions right?? Let me ask you, what would YOU do if 60,000,000 americans decided, u know what, fusk it, i'm not gonna buy any more cd's! what would u do?? what if more people joined?? what if it went international?? you would be crippled, but still you sue the consumer, you are pathetic! There is a lot more consumers in the world than thre is of u, we could crush u anytime we wanted! And you know it! And you are scared of it arent you?? admit it!

What will you do when people get an anonymous way to swap files?? try to make the internet illegal?? that wouldn't surprise me at all to be honest!!

A few more things, u always say "these are the people who would never think about walking into a record store and walking out with a cd, they hide behind their computers" hang on, hold up a second, what have u just done?? u gathered info from a computer, and went hiding behind the law because you are afraid! You are afraid of facing people yourselves, u pussies!! I dont even live in america, but i would have no trouble going in there and giving you shit about voilating peoples privacy on a masterpiece (internet) that doesnt belong to you! just for the record, i have downloaded music in the past BUT I have paid for the full retail cd's of what i bought, its the only way i could tell if i was getting ripped off nor not and it actually made me buy more cd's in the end, now i feel sorry that i actually even bothered, i should have boycotted a LONG time ago! Ah well i guess now is a good time to start, and no i wont be downloading instead in respect for the artists behind the music!

I pity you because you have limited your days! _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://www.BillLonero.com - Check out a true artists music!

aD channel on IRC: rod.liquidirc.com #ad_buddies
    Newbie IRC Guide- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221[/small]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I say the RIAA dropped the ball on this years ago. When Napster first became popular they could have nipped it in the bud by dropping the price of CD's right then and there; when blank CD-R's were still $2 each. (circa 1998)

If they had dropped the price to around $10 per new CD, nobody would have cared about downloading music.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I agree completely. But the thing is they wanted to leach off the industry for as long as possible, then sue people, then drop the prices. More money that way

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

The last CD I attempted to buy was a punk band from the 80's. It was a special order and was going to cost me $35. I waited the 4-6 weeks, then 2 months, etc. I checked with the store every week or two, and they kept giving me lame excuses. After 6 months I got fed up, and said to myself "Why don't I try out the 'Napster' thing I've heard about."

It took me most of the weekend, but I found every file of that album, and burned my first CD on my home computer. I found the album cover on the net and made my own CD case.

I'm glad I live in Canada, where the copyright laws are more forgiving.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Dear Mr. RIAA,
    From the words of a protected artist, Enimem, one thing, fusk you!

I'm gonna keep this short for the guys who can't be bothered to read long posts.

fusk THE RIAA!!!!! *lots of swearing* EVERYONE DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO ONE BY CDS!!! (Apart from the guys who are gonna upload the song to their PC and share it)

DO THIS UNTIL THE RIAA FALL APART!!!! GO GO US!!!!!!!