1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ribbon cables

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Gndcomm, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Gndcomm

Gndcomm Guest

I may have damaged 2 ribbon cables in my PS2 V7. The cables are the one going to the reset/eject button and the one going to the memory plug in module/controller plug in module on the front of the unit. The unit will not power up now. If one (or both) of these cables were defective, could that cause a no power up problem. If so I would like a source to purchase these 2 cables.

Thanks
    Ken

2. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

also check the motherboard fuse

4. Gndcomm

Gndcomm Guest

Thanks for the input. I will order a set of ribbon cables AND check the fuse. The controller literally is loose when I took the screws out and it pulled the ribbon cable away from the main board. I had trouble re-inserting the cable and it may have broken internally as I tried to put it back in place. Anyway, I have a website to order cables and the Ohmmeter is close by.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

The PS2 will power up without the controller ports attatched.......so I would assume that it is down to your reser/power ribbon...

When you turn the main switch on, on the rear of the unit - it puts the PS2 in standby (red led)....this is taken out of standby when you press either of the front buttons......if there is no red led on the front then 9/10 the ribbon is either torn, not in fully or in with the conductors (silver pads) upside down.....

6. Gndcomm

Gndcomm Guest

Thanks baabaa, that helps in my troubleshooting of this problem.