1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ridata 8x disk compatability questions

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by black02, Dec 31, 2004.

1. black02

black02 Member

i believe this is the correct forum for this questions so please i appologize if i'm wrong in this.

i have a pioneer 107d dvdr drive. i recently purchased some ridata 8x dvd+r media and i'm getting an error when trying to burn this. i've also tried some other 8x media to no avail or luck in burning to it. i have some ridata 4x dvd+rw media and it burns great. but with these new disks i have no luck.

i have updated my firmware on the drive to the latest and still no luck.

here is my device info if any of you could help me out i'd very much appreciate it. i just got a 50 pack and don't feel like trashing these disks if i can avoid it.
    D: Device Type: DVD/CD-Rom
    Vendor ID: PIONEER
    Product ID: DVD-RW DVR-107D
    Product Rev: 1.21
    Vendor Info: 04/10/29 PIONEER

2. black02

black02 Member

well i used dvdxcopy today and it worked but with nero it will not with these disks. anyone have an idea as to what the problem may be?

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Well if you burned okay with DVDXCopy but not Nero, then I'd suspect your Nero ASPI drivers because DVDXCopy uses its own drivers (GearNetworks) for burning. If you have a rewriteable and want to test that theory, click 'Advanced Options' in DVDXCopy and change from GearNetworks to Nero drivers. I'd open up Nero Infotools and click on the last tab ASPI. It'll tell you if there's a problem with your Nero or system ASPI drivers. As for the Ridata 8X DVD+R, they are probably Ritek03. You should find a list of recommended media for your Pioneer or check www.dvdhelp.com because even very good media like Verbatim may be problematic on some drives due to firmware issues.

4. black02

black02 Member

your correct they disks are R03. and it is just a problem with nero. i have nero 6 has anyone had any form of trouble with this version and a pioneer drive or is it just a fluke about how things are configured?

i'm going to uninstall and reinstall it then try another disk with shrink to see if that solves the problem.

thankyou for the help so far.

5. black02

black02 Member

well i uninstalled dvd shrink and nero also. then i upgraded to nero 6.6 installed dvd shrink 3.2 if memory is correct and it's working now.

thanks for the help on this.