1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RiData 8X DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ecutekkie, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ecutekkie

ecutekkie Member

I bought 2 50 spindles of Ritek RiData 8X DVD-Rs today. I have used RiData DVDs before. Today I noticed that some of the spindles, there are small defects on the face (front) of the disc. For instance, on this once spindle, there are two small white spots in the middle of the grey RiData arrow logo. Each spindle has it's own unique ones, and all of the discs are the same in each spindle. Does anybody know anything about this, does it affect the bottom of the disc at all? I have spent a lot of $$ on blank DVDs and just want them to work. If anybody can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it thanks.

2. ecutekkie

ecutekkie Member

anybody?

3. ecutekkie

ecutekkie Member

4. qetuo

qetuo Member

I dont think these top surface misprinting, will affect the disc quality, if it good. Generally Ridata products are decent...but it would be better if you could do some error tests to some of your burned discs (you will need a DVD-Recorder that supports error reporting for this, such as Plextor 712 or Lite-ons etc...) so that you arrive at any safe conclusions...