1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIDATA doesn't work with a label attached - help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by JQSmith, Oct 25, 2004.

1. JQSmith

JQSmith Member

When I add a label to my RIDATA and play it back on my stand-alone DVD player, the audio and video sometimes starts breaking up. When I then remove the label, it seems to work again. This has only occoured about 5-10% of the times. Have any of you had this problem, and should I be using another brand instead? If so, which?

DVD specs from Newegg below:
    DVD+R RIDATA DRD+47-4X-RDSM
    (Serial#: 0A77DX02000017R)

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... This is a topic that has been covered extensively in numerous threads ... General consensus seems to be that stick-on type labels cause lots of problems with DVDs ... If you want fancy labels for your DVDs, get a DVD printer and get printable discs ... Personally, I'm a Sharpie Marker kind of guy ... You're using my favorite media, I recommend getting a Sharpie ...

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I fixed the thread title - as you've found out titles can't be bolded.

There are a precious few folks who get away with using labels but the rest of us found out the hard way that they cause more problems than they're worth - mostly read errors.

If pretty backups are a must then you may want to look into a printer that'll print directly to disc. Otherwise, like catfreak stated, use a Sharpie - I do :)

4. JQSmith

JQSmith Member

Believe it or not, I actually did a search for the topic before posting, but my search words must have been bad. Anyway, it sounds like the sharpie is the way to go unfortunately. I think the DVD printer is probably overkill for me :).

Since it doesn't sound like a RIDATA problem, I will keep using them.

Thanks for the help and removing the bold tag as well (I thought it was worth a try).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004