1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridata DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Bigsauce, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Bigsauce

Bigsauce Member

Hey guys, been burning for over a year now. Over 2000 burns. I normally use Ridata DASH R's but after reading on these forums that PLUS R's work better I decided to try them. Bought 200 of them and cannot get them to work.

Burners: Pioneer 108
    Pioneer 107D
    Software: DVD Shink to rip
    Nero to burn

I'm not getting any errors or anything but instead of being "done" at the end it defaults to "save log". It goes all the way through the burn process but when I try to play it, or rip it nothing is there. It's like it's not finalizing the DVD afterwards. Any help would be cool.

2. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

does your burner support both +R and -R ? When was the last time you updated your firmware for the burner?

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

DVD Burner
    Write speed: DVD+R DL 4x DVD+R 16x DVD+RW 4x DVD-R 16x DVD-RW 4x CD-R 32x CD-RW 24x Read speed: DVD-ROM 16x DVD-RAM 2x CD-ROM 40x Buffer size: 2 MB

Since it can burn at 16x should be fairly new firmware. I would check what Pioneer recommends for burn media.

4. Bigsauce

Bigsauce Member

Yeah, the firmware is updated to 1.18 (i believe thats it). I believe it's a dual format burner but obviously I guess I'm wrong since it won't burn Plus, but Minus is perfect. It ticks me off that i have all these discs but cannot use them. I hate to go through the hassle to return them.

I just don't understand why it goes all the way through the burning process and gives zero errors. Is there any other burning programs I could try? Any suggestions at all? I'm out of ideas.

5. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

why not try decrypting AND burning with DVD Decrypter. See if that makes a difference. I have hade nothing but success with DVD decrypter

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I would give the trial version of Copy To DVD a try. It's the leanest meanest burning app I've ever used. Nero has been gathering virtual dust ever since I started using it :)

7. Bigsauce

Bigsauce Member

Ummm, decrypter is just a "ripper" correct?? I have it and have used it for Forgotten, Little Black Book, etc.

I will give that Copy to DVD a try. Hopefully it works better. Could you direct me towards it? If that a violation or something it's ok. Thanks again. Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member