1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RiData DVD's?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Dodge310, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Dodge310

Dodge310 Member

Has anyone used these? I have been trying to make backups of my DVD's but none of them work in my Home DVD player. PLay fine in the PC. I just used the DVD+R that came with my drive and it worked perfect. None of the Ridata ones will even load. I may get one screen to come up, but then it locks the DVD player up and i have to unplug it from the wall to clear it out. So would it be the Media or the Software I'm using?

I am using Anydvd with Elby's Clone DVD... I've searched the forums here but came up dry. So I thought I post it.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  2. Yordan

Yordan Guest

I`m using NEC100a burner and when I tried using Ridata it would not even recognize that there was a disk in the drive. Stick to what you know works, in my case it`s Ritek GO4

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  4. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Yes, I know. That`s why I ordered them but you know what happened. By Ritek GO4 I ment the Ritek logo on the actual disk not some other name and then small shrift saying Ritek die ect....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Athlon64 3400+
    1Gb DDR 400Hz,
    120Gb HD, NEC1300a[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2004
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's interesting since Ridata are actually one of Ritek's brand names. I guess I'm not too surprised since I've heard of that particular model being very picky about media sometimes, and as a general point I agree with your original post completely. When you find good media that works, don't switch without a good reason.

6. Dodge310

Dodge310 Member

Well I did alot of searching around and found that many people highly recomend Ritek. So thats why bought those. I've never done DVD burning, so its new to me. The lite-on disk that came with it worked. So I guess I'll just buy a few other brands to see what will work good for me.

Thanks for the reply's...

7. G()dz

G()dz Member

Have you tried burning at a slower speed? this has solved stand alone dvd playback problems for me before

8. Dodge310

Dodge310 Member

Yes, I tried at the lowest speed 2x. It is in the disk. I bought some Memorex and they work perfect 1st time out. Haven't had a coaster yet.

A guy I work with is wanting a few of these cds to see if it will work in his HP drive. Thanks for the suggestion though.