1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIDATA question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by blueiice2, Oct 18, 2004.

1. blueiice2

blueiice2 Member

I just purchased

RIDATA 8X DVD-R 4.7G 100 Pack Cakebox, Model DRD-478-RDCB100

would like to know if these will make me any coasters, i have been using verbatim, this 100 pack seemed like a good deal, plz let me know if it was a good deal

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... To truly get an accurate answer to your question blueiice2, you need to supply us with the "Unique Disc Identifier" of your discs ... use a program such as DVD Identifier ... available for free at http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

3. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Blueice. Are the Model DRD-478-RDCB100 dvd blanks Ritek BRANDED???

I just receiver a 50 pack of the Branded Ritek G05 8x DVD-R from Meritline.com. They work just as well as the Ritek G04 4x DVD-R blanks.

The reason I ordered from Meritline and not Newegg.com is that Meritline mentions which of their Ritek blanks are Branded where as Newegg.com doesn't. I however would order from Newegg.com but this last order from Meritline took only a week to receive which isn't bad.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

How so? newegg only sells RiDATA which is a Ritek brand :)

5. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Now I understand. The discs I'm pertaining to has the RIDATA logo on it. As far as I know Ritek came out with the Ridata Branded, Shiny Silver and the Silver Matt. I've had 100% success with the branded Ridata dvds wheather they be the dvd+r or dvd-r. The shiny silver and silver matt blanks were marginal on one of my dvd players.

When I inquired Newegg.com about their branded Riteks I was told I would need to contact someone at Ritek.com. For example I have no idea if these are the Branded Riteks:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-132-347&DEPA=0

Meritline.com shows they do stock the branded Riteks:

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/ritek-g05-8x-dvdr-dvd-r-media-ridata-branded-discs.html

I prefer ordering from Newegg.com but with such incomplete information on their site I would feel much safer ordering from Meritline.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  7. blueiice2

blueiice2 Member

The manufacturer id is RITEKG05, and on the dvd it self it has the RIDATA name and a big arrow across it

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

9. jacota20

jacota20 Member

Pony321

agree with you. i have had complete success with ritek ridata branded from meritline. by branded i mean the word ridata on the top portion of the disc itself. meritline shows this and newegg does not.

this recommended to me by others at afterdawn and since ive used them, ive had zero coasters. glad to know that go5's are as good as go4's.

10. askyew

askyew Regular member

I bought a 100 pack of R+ Ridata from Newegg for $36usd after a rebate of $10, that included shipping, and they were branded silver top with purple dye.

11. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... NewEgg has a good deal on 8x RiDATA branded Ritek discs (G05 with the big arrow on the top) ...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...69&ATT=CD+DVD+R+RW+Media&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]          ... Victor Katz .. the original catfreak ...

[​IMG]       

. . . Of all the things in my life that I've lost . . . . . I miss my mind the most[/small]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004