1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridata question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by seanymac, Dec 1, 2004.

1. seanymac

seanymac Member

I'm currently backing up my movies using a Mac G4 Powerbook 1.5. I'm using some Sony DVD-R 8X which seem to be working fine, but I think I'm going to buy some ridata disks next. I'm kind of confused as to which kind of Ridata to go with, I've heard they should be branded but other than that I'm lost. 4X, 8X, shiny top, printable; what's the difference?

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

I use ridata printable for printing on.
    I use any other ridata or ritek for non-printing.
    Trial and error if your stand alone dvd players will play the 8x, if not use the 4x.

3. ibuyinkny

ibuyinkny Member

you should go with ritek 4x. i used those to back my files. www.compuside.com, has great deals.

4. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

The RITEK G04 are not all that good! Just purchased 100 from supermedia store, and these disks are lousy. Stick to your local stores, STAPLES, BESTBUY, ETC...
    The MAXELL, SONY AND TDK may cost more but they work a whole lot better. Some of my Maxell's were even identified as a RITEK BRAND but they performed better than the actual Riteks I purchased.