1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riddle Me This. . .

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by krob, Mar 3, 2004.

1. krob

krob Member

Newbie here. . but here is my problem. . .I have been backing up my dvdv collection for several days now using DVD X-Press on my Sony DRU530A with zero problems. . .the ripping and burning time was usually 45 minutes tops. . . now, all of a sudden that time has doubled. . .45-50 to rip. . .45-50 to burn. . . .I have tried uninstalling the secondary IDE and reinstalling the Siny drive. . .but it still reverts back to the slow speed. . . any ideas. . .thanks, Keith

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you double checked that DMA is still enabled for your burner?

3. krob

krob Member

yes. . . it has always been set to DMA the several times I have checked. . .I have not installed any new software on my computer either. . I thought that might have caused it. . . Also, the problem seems to be eratic. It will work fine for a few burns, then goes back to being sluggish, until I go back and reinstall the drive. . . but thanks for your reply. . . keith

4. hayden

hayden Guest

Go to who made you drive and download the latest firmware version, my did the same thing.