1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RiDisc Xtreme Red 8x with RITEK G05

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by orbiter5, Mar 30, 2005.

1. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I'm after a change of media as a couple of previous burns with datawrite media (about 5 out of 30 discs)had some dodgy dye patterns after burning. I was wondering if any of you guys/gals had tried the RiDisc Xtreme Red 8x with RITEK G05 dye. If so how are the results going?

TIA

John

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  2. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I use the Ridisc 4x dvd-r with purple tops and they work great for me, but i would also like some feedback about the new Ridisc Xtreme...

3. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Looks like we're gunna be the ones to have to report on'em kyle ;)

I've ordered a 25 spindle pack to try

4. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Yeah, where did you get them from. UK or USA.
    They sound good hopefully they perform well too.
    Run some tests on them after you have burned a film and then post them here and lets see the results.

5. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I'm gettin them from Rambox in the uk as I've got stuff from them before and its exactly as stated on the website so I'm quite sure I won't get discs that are only claimed to be the proper GO5 dye ones.

But I'll tell ya what they are when I get them (holds breath) :)

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Ok cool, I usually use blankdiscshop.co.uk What did you pay for the discs and how many.

I just bough 25 spindle tub verbatim 8x DVD-R. Couldnt find the Ridisc Xtreme on their site. Cant really go wrong with verbatim though can ya.

7. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Sorry kyle, My mistake the RiDisc Xtremes are at

http://www.burn-media.co.uk/index.html for £10.77 (50 tub) they also do big bulk too as you will see.

It was the Ritek Ridata GO5 8X DVD-R that I've ordered from Rambox.co.uk. I reckon these are gunna be very similar, if not the same in performance and reliability to the extremes.

8. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

ok let me know how they work out for you, cause i have heard that some people have had problems with the Go5 dye.

9. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I just hope that the new media has a reliable lifespan & doesn't show some really iffy dye patterns after a burn like some of the datawrite ones I've used.

I accept that any make of disc could have a problem at some time or other. Just not loads of'em

10. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I tried the Datawrite discs and although they said that they were made by MCC they still didnt work properly.

It could have been that they were +R when I needed -R. But i am sending them back and exchanging them for the verbatim 8x -R.

11. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

from everything i've ever read those red and purple top discs are lower quality. I bought a couple hundred regular silver matte 8x G05's for less then $68 shipped. I've used these discs quite a bit over the last 6 months and had nothing but great results. No burn errors and low PI/PO errors. Of course, if those other ones work for you keep using them but i'd be cautious.

Here are the ones I got if you're interested. BTW, you can take an extra 10% off at checkout if you use some coupon code which was 'DNS10', took an extra $8 or so off my total order.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2764&cata=1&s_cata=88_r33

12. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Well, after the disasterous RiDisc 8X fiasco (MCC Code), i switched to ANV 8X -r's, with no complaint.I saw these Extremes advertised and decided to give RiDisc another try, as they were my favourite discs of all times.So far, they've been spot on, a true return to form, so now i use both the ANV's and the Extremes, both G05 dye.

Dene