1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ringtone help (please)

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by sags, Jan 24, 2007.

1. sags

sags Regular member

hi
    i have a new LG 800 chocolate phone that i got a few months ago. i want to have a song as a ringtone for my phone how do i do this. i do not want to download on the phone because it will cost me 20-40 dollars for a ringtone(3 cents/Kb) the phone does not give you the option to use an Mp3 on your phone as your ringtone.
    somebody please help me get some ringtones for free.
    thankyou

2. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

go to www.tonethis.com and download the app. i know your model is on there. i use that, and i have audio editing software already like adobe audition, so that way i can select the 30 secs of the song i want because the tonethis software isn't good at selecting wavs.

3. sags

sags Regular member

do you mind being more specific please i download the app and then what??
    thanks

4. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

it'll tell u what to do. on the program, you need to create a profile which tells the program what model phone and provider you have. the first thing u have to do is knock the bitrate from 192 or whatever to between 60kbps and 112kbps. that's why i use adobe audition.(u can probably use any wav-mp3 converter) then it has its own wave editor so u need to get 30 secs of audio (usually the hook), then on the program u click convert, then u click upload, and you'll get a text message on ur phone then u download the ringtone on there.

it's really easy once you get the program