1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ringtones won't play incoming call

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by bzook, Oct 25, 2004.

1. bzook

bzook Member

I've gotta v400 with cingular. Using p2k manager to connect with data cable. Can move pics and sounds back and forth from phone to computer, but when I put ringtones from computer on phone, they will play when I go to 'sounds' in the menu, but when I set them as ringtone, they will not play for incoming calls. When I try to check my ringtone after setting it to one i've transferred from computer, it won't even let me see what ringtone i'm using until I switch back to an original one that came with phone or downloaded from cingular. Any ideas?

2. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

I have the exact same problem! same with a v300 from t-mobile, i can upload the ringtone then it will not play on incoming call! this holds true also for mp3 or midi ringtones. the tones (midi) work well on my siemens s56... what gives?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  3. bzook

bzook Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. That's mostly what I bought the data cable for. At least the picture transfers work fine. Hopefully someone will be able to help us.

4. Christawn

Christawn Member

Yeah, I've done the same thing, only with a v220. Plugged it in, used p2k to put the midis and mp3s, they're on the phone, but won't play on incoming calls. This is killing me, I want something better than the crappy ones they give you.

5. Christawn

Christawn Member

I've found a solution. Sort-of. If you're willing to pay for a text message. What you do is upload the sound file to your phone with p2k. Then pick the file which should be in the sound library. Choose "send in message" send a text message to yourself with this ringtone in it. In a few minutes, you will receieve your text message, and you should be able to hit save, then apply as ringtone. It should now be in your ringtones section, and in your sounds. You can have it set, and it will ring on incoming calls. You can also still go to ring details. So this works, but you have to pay for the text message. I'll keep trying to find a free way. Good luck.

6. bzook

bzook Member

Hey thanks, that helped a lot. Paying 10 cents for a text message is better than 2 or 3 bucks downloading a ringtone.

7. Christawn

Christawn Member

Ok, I've figured it out guys. You need Mobile Phone Tools. It's on these forums somewhere, a guy named GeeDaddy or something posted it. He has a site with it on it. Follow his downloading and installing instructions. Using this program to put audio files to the phone will make them ringontes too. So its free now! Let me know if it works out. Happy ringtoning.