1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip 5.1 audio from dvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by james636, Apr 26, 2007.

1. james636

james636 Member

First off, I'm attempting to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC. Note, the audio is said to be 5.1 and that is confirmed when I open the files in DVDshrink. Now when I output my .dv2 and .wave file using DVD2AVI, my output audio is only 2-ch (Super AC3 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps 48KHz) I don't want a 2-ch audio track I want the original 5.1 audio thats included in the movie.

Within dvd2avi, I selected Audio > Output Method > Decode to WAV. I also tried the demux all tracks method in hopes of getting the original 5.1 audio. I don't see an option within dvd2avi which allows me to extrcat either 5.1 or 2-ch, it seems to do that automatically. Can anyone tell me whether I'm doing something wrong, dvd2avi can't extract 5.1 audio, or if in fact the movie doesn't have 5.1 audio although dvdshrink states it does.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. james636

james636 Member

Ok, let me ask this, what does "T01 3_2ch?"

4. hanaku

hanaku Guest

What's about imtoo dvd ripper platinum?
    it is a shareware, but you can free to try the trial vertion before you buy it
    So you can try if this software could satisfied you, then decide if it need to buy
    Here is the link of it:http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-ripper-platinum.html