1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip a DVD with a PC

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by antwan90, Nov 25, 2004.

1. antwan90

antwan90 Member

How do I rip a DVD on a PC and then what would i go about doing to burn it? Basically what is the porocess of backing up my DVD's?

2. onka

onka Guest

Well there a number of ways you could back up your dvds, it all depends on whether you are backing up on dvd or cd! if dvd then you obviously need to have a dvd writer and burn your dvd directly onto dvd-R or dvd+R or you could first rip the dvd to mpeg or avi using one of the many dvd rippers available then you can burn the converted movie on a 700mb CD-R

3. leatherfa

leatherfa Guest

im new to this whole thing i have a question i was wondering if anyone knows how to just download a movie i dont want to burn one i just want to watch one on my computer can anyone help please?

4. colw

colw Active member

I would suggest moving your mouse pointer to the top of this page - find the guides button and then click.

Next move down to DVD-R section and look at some of the guides for programs such as DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter etc.

5. sukebola

sukebola Guest

DVD decrypter and DVD shrink are very useful tools to backup DVD's I've used them both and they're fairly easy to understand and use. DVD shrink is used to compress movies and DVD decrypter is used to backup DVD's as iso files, and also can be used to burn them back onto a DVD.

And about the downloading movies thing.

Most of the easy ways that you find on the internet are illegal.

And the sites that do let you download the movies b\make you go through a wave of advertisements and make you sign up for "bad" newsletters before they let you download the stuff. It is a hassle both ways.