1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip audio from a dvd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kel44, Aug 22, 2004.

1. kel44

kel44 Member

is it possable to rip the audio off a dvd movie and put on a cd thanks.....

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Hi,
    This program looks good:

DVD Audio Ripper 1.0.27.818
    http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

Download the free trial. I have never used it before so I'm not sure how well it will work. If you have any problems, feel free to post on the message board. Hope this helps!

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

the above program works very well and is very simple to use it will rip all files into either wav or mp3 format and from there its easy to burn using your existing burning engine to cd.

4. GIJohn

GIJohn Member

Ok, this is kind of the idiots way to do this, but if you are just wanting a small portion of audio from the dvd, I would use a wave editor to record just the portion you want right off of your soundcard as the dvd plays.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

why is it the idiots way: you can choose which section you want by viewing the movie sector in the window and and also try the sound file by chapter and then only select the one or ones you want your way may not be as easy as it seems either, i dont have a wave editor unless you want me to you adobe audition.

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks for the tip nick2005 i'll give it a try

andmerr

8. GIJohn

GIJohn Member

I guess its not really the idiots way, but its kind of a roundabout way of doing it if you want a long part of the audio track (i.e. the entire movie). I do it all the time to copy streaming audio and stuff of that nature.

Anyway I have used Audacity (I think theres a download link on afterdawn's homepage) for about 6 months and I think it is far superior to Adobe Audition. It's free, is full featured and isnt a resource hog.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

cool.
    (another limk to try isnt technology great)

10. jeff9756

jeff9756 Member

"Ok, this is kind of the idiots way to do this, but if you are just wanting a small portion of audio from the dvd, I would use a wave editor to record just the portion you want right off of your soundcard as the dvd plays."

GI John, how exactally do you do this with the wave editor. When I tried to do it, nothing recorded and its length can only do 60 seconds at a time. Can I change that time? Please help.