1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Amp2, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Amp2

Amp2 Newbie

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or why this is happening? First I open AnyDVD HD and then I use Blue Cloner 4 to rip the blu-ray, I just rip the movie only so it gives me a folder BDMV, Certificate, and a txt document volume. I then use Ashampoo 12 and grab the video file blu-ray and click on the name of the movie. It starts to burn but I'm always missing the last part of the movie, I stick in the burned blu-ray in my blu-ray player, it runs fine, I have the chapters, but its like I'm missing the last chapter of the movie. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or why I'm missing the last part of the movie, I've burned 2 movies and both are like this.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Can't help much since i don't rip blu-ray discs,however assuming you've checked your source folder before burning & the missing chapter so to speak is there then this is what comes to mind:-
    1-does the discs you've burned if re run thru cloner 4 show the missing title

2-is the missing title in another layer & for some reason the information required by the dvd player isn't there so can't play it thereby stopping short

3-try playing the burned discs on the computer to see if it can do it & play the missing title

yeah well not much else i can suggest,if the title was selected to be burned it has to be there question still remains why can't the dvd player find it

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. Amp2

Amp2 Newbie

It doesn't show the titles on cloner 4. It just has tabs like rip the whole movie, main movie, an split,..ect. I just wanted to rip the blu-ray file onto my hard drive and then burn it later with a burning software, also I would need the movie to fit on a 25G disc. Is there an easier way to do that? right now I'm just copying main movie from a blu-ray disc to a blank blu-ray using DVDFab 9, doing a disc copy.

4. Amp2

Amp2 Newbie

I found a thread using DVDFab to backup blu-ray. Thanks for your help scorpNZ

5. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

Did you copy the original Blu-ray completely? Some protection will prevent user decrypting disc so it will hide some chapters in the full movie. Check the copied BDMV folder size.
    Or try some other rippers like BDMagic, MakeMKV, etc.