1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip entire CD to only one file

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dallak, Mar 31, 2005.

1. dallak

dallak Member

I would like to rip Dark Side of the Moon to a single mp3 file so the entire CD plays as a single track. Any software to do this trick? Thanks. I did my search of forums and could not find this topic.

2. dallak

dallak Member

By the way, I have NERO, v.6.6, can I use that?

3. thargor

thargor Member

Rip disc as per normal then when burning remove the 2 second gap, can't remember exactly but can be done in Nero.

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I am having the exact same problem as u dallak. I have a mix cd and it sounds awful when i play it off a playlsit as there is a 1 second gap like on a normal album. I have nero startsmart and there is an option to rip tracks. However I cannot see an option to remove gaps between each file or to make it as one big mp3 file. Is Nero start smart the same as your Nero v.6.6 . Also on another thread someone said rip the files to .WAV then line them up using either Audacity or Kristal Audio engine but this is very hard and time consuming. Help is needed here.

5. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

In Nero Burning Rom: When you have the tracks chosen, you can right click on them & go down to Properties & click that. You'll see Pause, reset that to 0. You have to do this to each track individually as far as I can tell.

6. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I have found a way. U need a program called "Jet Audio" which can be downloaded from here
    http://www.dawnload.net/audio_software/audio_players/jet_audio.cfm
    or the official site
    http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/
    You will also need the latest version of E.A.C. and the Lame plugin. Look at this guide and it will tell u how to install the program and the Lame plugin.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm
    Ok once you have installed both programs to a directory of your choice we can go ahead.
    1) Insert a cd
    2) Click on Rip CD which is located in the toolbar
    [​IMG]
    3) When the cd is inserted it should look like this (as u can see i am using 50 cent's new album "the massacre"
    4) Select the output format as WAV then click config

(so sorry guys. will have to continue this guide 2moro. sory for the inconvience.)

7. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Also freeware "Audacity" you can merge your individual mp3s to one.