1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by concord, Nov 20, 2003.

1. concord

concord Member

I have used dvd decrypter to rip movie to the hard drive. I am following a tutorial which says to then use dvd fab to cut just main movie from dvd files.
    This worked great. I now have a VIDEO_TS file with needed files inside. I used power dvd to view and check everything is ok.
    The tutorial says to then use instant copy. I am not trying to recompress as the main movie file is only 3.8 gig. I tried nero 6 to burn file to dvd+r. It will not play in my dvd player(other movies do), and I cannot use power dvd to view on my pc either (after it is burned to disc)

Is the problem with the burning software or do I need to use instant copy or another program after dvd fab creates VIDEO_TS FILE.

thanks in advance.

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Try a little different technique. None of the software I'll suggest will cost u a dime.

1) Try DVD Decrypter in ISO image mode. It'll rip and burn a smaller DVD.

2) If u ONLY want the movie, you can rip the DVD with DVD Shrink, then choose ONLY the main feature to process or compress if necessary. It'll process the movie and give u files that are ready to burn onto your disc, using Nero in DVD-Video mode.

When u use Nero, put 2 bups, 2 ifos, and the vobs into the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero provides in the wizard. Do NOT burn a VIDEO_TS folder full of files into the Nero VIDEO_TS folder. If u did that, that's prolly why yer players won't play it.