1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip the NTSC files and Burn them in PAL format program wanted

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ozyredeye, Aug 9, 2004.

1. ozyredeye

ozyredeye Member

I was told that the new player is DVD Region free BUT and here comes the but it will play it in clear BW and you current multisystem TV convert is to color ...how stupid is that ...as I dont want to update my TV just yet I'm left with 2 options one is get a NTSC to PAL Converter or Find some software that will allow me to Rip the NTSC files and Burn them in PAL format ....So if there is such a program and you know what it is called PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    I have looked everwhere but just canot find one ..the olny one I've found is AVI but that is with Mpeg and not with VOB files

thanks Martin

2. john179

john179 Active member

Have you looked at tmpgenc as i'm not 100% sure as i'm not a big user of this programe but i believe this may be what you looking for.Iam sure someone will be along shortly to confirm this for you.

John179

3. Cpt_Jack

Cpt_Jack Member

Going from NTSC to PAL isn't that big of a hassle for a DVD player, and most of the cheap ones do it just fine. If you have a PAL TV and have the output of your DVD player set to PAL, everything should work fine. If you're getting a black and white picture on your PAL TV, your DVD player is most likely trying to output an NTSC signal.

But to answer your question, if you want to re-encode a DVD from NTSC to PAL, here's the best way I know to do it. First, you're source needs to be 23.976 frames per second. Most NTSC DVDs are already at that framerate, and if yours isn't, you can try doing an Inverse TeleCine with TMPGEnc or another program

Next you'll want to frameserve the origional 23.976 FPS source to TMPGEnc or another encoder. Instruct the encoder to make a 25 FPS PAL MPEG2 video, but not to convert the framerate. What this should do is speed up the video slightly. It will still have the same number of frames, but they will be played at 25 FPS instead of 23.976 FPS.

You'll then have to speed up the audio the same ammount. If you use BeSweet GUI, there's a preset to go from 23.973 FPS audio to 25 FPS. If all goes well, this will make your audio match your video.