1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip w/ Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by billy2291, Jun 29, 2007.

1. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I decrypted a movie using DVDfab HD Dcrypter, I had to use the former mentioned decrypter because DVD Decrypter wouldn't work. Some one in this forum reccommended DVDfab. It worked for ripping. Now trying to burn useing DVD Shrink at the very end of my burn on the movie Stranger than Fiction I get a burn error. "DVD-Video files reallocation failed" can anyone help?

2. billy2291

billy2291 Member

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Have closed this one here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/530414

"DVD-Video files reallocation failed" simply means the DVD files are not 'compliant'. All you need to do is use DVDFab HD Decrypter (for this and any other movie). Then (if you want) use DVD Shrink or a.n.other program (i.e. if the movie is too big to fit on a DVD, for instance) then the files will be compliant and thus will burn correctly.

edit- you're getting the error because you're not using DVD Shrink correctly, look in the guides section.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Which version of DVDFab are you using? The latest is 3.1.4.0.
    You might need to run the files thru vobblanker.
    Here's a step by step guide using DVDFab Decrypter, Vobblanker and Shrink - link

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I want my soul back.... lol, just like a kid I get told not to do something and I just can't resist lol!

6. billy2291

billy2291 Member

7. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I did decrypt the movie The Holiday with DVDfab. Then encoded with shrink. Says files were ready to burn when I have the appropriate burning software. Nero won't burn it. I tried to do it as an ISO file as well and burn with imageburn. It worked and fit on a single layer disc but it won't play or be read by any of my dvd players. Do I need to put it on a dual layer even though it fits on a single. How can I back up this movie? Thanks for the intel on how to use this site. I will try my best to be respectful of the how to. As far as the "realocation failed" error that was not a compliance issue. As I said I had to do it as an ISO file then burn on a dual layer dvd because ISO files ared not shrunk. That was for the movie Stranger Than Fiction. Any help with the for mentioned movie? Is there any better buning software out there that you like better than Nero?

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i only get the 'reallocation failed' error when trying to burn any films or episodic discs done by DVD-Rebuilder, so i always run the files thru vobblanker prior to burning, that always works. Vobblanker looks like a daunting tool but all i ever do with it is set the input directory to be the directory that DVDFab created and set the destination directory anywhere you like. The just hit the process button and when it's finished just point Nero at that directory.

edit- you can get vobblanker here - http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/vobblanker.htm

edit 2- The thing with burning when files aren't correct (ie Nero's clever enough to moan at you) is that you can ignore the warning and burn, but it's more than likely that the resultant DVD won't play correctly.. hence using a tool such as vobblanker to work it's magic. I've no idea why you're getting this error, i use both Shrink and DVDFab very heavily and the only time i recall seeing this error (in postings, not from my own Shrink usage) after using Shrink is when Shrink isn't used quite correctly. Unfortunately i've long forgotten what constitutes 'not used quite correctly' but as i say, vobblanker will see you right..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  9. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I am going to give it a try today. Have you found that you have a hard time decrypting discs that are scratched or not exactly brand new? Also, Voblanker, is it used after or before my shrink process? And if it is after shrink where do I go in Netro or how do I point Nero at the now fixeds file? Normally when shrink is done it is set to just burn with Nero. I have never gone directly to Nero to burn (except data and cd's) Shrink always goes to Nero automatically.

10. binkie7

Yeah the scratched ones can cause problems. Some drives also handle them better than others also. So if you have another you you can rip from try that one.

You would use VobBlanker after DVDFab and before Shrink. Here's a step by step guide

11. billy2291

billy2291 Member

VobBlanker worked. Thanks!! Got any intel on Vista and Ready Boost? Does it speed up the decoding and enccoding? Is the Lexar Lightning (4gig) the best one to use for the Ready Boost?

12. binkie7

Glad that did the trick!

No clue on Vista and Ready Boost - might want to check the windows forum at afterdawn - link

13. billy2291

billy2291 Member

I got a new issue on a new disc. Same routine. Dvdfab then vob then fixit then shrink then imageburn. When I use vobblanker it brings up a weird message about the menu on the movie and that it needs to be scanned that 5 items in he menu are not regular. Sound familiar? I am at work, I will get back to you with more details when I get home and I am in front of it. Do you take phone calls? I will foot the bill. Whats your#? If not it's all good. Thanks

14. binkie7

Hey there billy2291
    What's the new movie you're having a problem on?
    Get back to us with that and the message you get in VobBlanker.

I hate the phone btw - so archaic :) j/k - keeping to the forum is best.

15. billy2291

billy2291 Member

TVTS 00,
    he movie is Funny Money with Chevy Chase. The error is:
    MENU: Detected 5 cells with pointers mismatch between VTSM_C_ADT and PGC_PBK tables Using VTSM_C_ADT initial and end pointers

This is not usual in menues, so a FullScan in menues is reccommended.

List of cells:VTS 00, PGC 001, CELL 01 VTS 00, PGC 002, CELL 01
    VTS 00, PGC 004, CELL 01 VTS 00, PGC 005, CELL 01 VTS 00, PGC 006, CELL 01

tHAT IS THE MESSAGE

16. billy2291

billy2291 Member

aAnyway, after the message I go ahead with vobblanker and then with fixvts. I couldn't put it through shrink itwouldn't ev en complete the openingg anylization. It gets stuck and gives me an error of DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Program error - exception occurred.
    So, I used Folder2iso to turn my now vob and vix vts ready file into an iso file and then burned it with imgburn. I got a coaster. Dvd player won't read it. It was about 4.5gb larg so I am contemplating burning the iso to a dual layer but that is a much more expensive coaster. What do you think?

17. binkie7

I don't think I'd try a dual layer disc on this one yet.

Did you do the full scan in Vobblanker? (file>vob full scan)?

This movie is an oldie I think. Did you try Shrink alone - might handle it.

18. billy2291

billy2291 Member

Yes I ran a full scan and the movie is 2005. Also, when I go look at all the files in vobblocker after dvdfab the little video screen shows the sceen or preview but it has some digital jumble problems in the video. I will try shrin now by itself but I am not holding my breath. Is there a forum where you can just type in the movie and the software and best method come up? that would be sweet

19. binkie7

None that I know - that would be too easy :)

Have you tried RipIt4Me? Here's a link.

Here's an older guide for it. Disregard the FixVts part - in this version FixVTS is incorporated in RipIt4Me (plus you already have it!)
    guide

20. billy2291

billy2291 Member

Shrink will not let me adjust the quality settings after I choose back up I select the quality settings tab so I can select the Compress video with high adaptive error compensation + Max Smooth. These options are visable but in gray and won't let me change them for any of my back ups. Any help?