1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipDifferent...only for Mac's and OS X

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nezamac, Dec 1, 2002.

1. nezamac

nezamac Guest

Hello everyone! I was a member of the 'RipDifferent' Mac only based DVD authoring and DVD burning forum. I want to start something new here at afterdawn. Soley dedicated to us Mac fans using OS X. So if you're a Mac dude, please post your comments here!

2. goldcouga

goldcouga Member

Hi. I am also a mac user. I am using a PowerBook G4, 400Mhz.
    In my former life, as a PC user, I used DVDx2.0 which was great to convert DVD to VCD, but I can't seem to find any good software like that for a mac. There are many programs that only do one component, but do you know of any that do all?

3. nezamac

nezamac Guest

I've never used dvdx2.0...i've tried ifoedit,dvd decryptor, and smartripper. I've never been a pc user, just tried those programs before I discovered how to burn a dvd on a Mac. From what I've read, the maker of Ifoedit is working on a version for OS X. The answer to your question, NO. Just like you said, there are many programs that do one component.

4. JackAstro

JackAstro Guest

I've actually been trying to track down an archive of the RipDifferent forum. I'm having a hell of a time trying to track down info on backing up commercial DVDs on a Mac. I'm still running on 9.2.2, but I could install 10.2 on one of my machines if it were necessary.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Okidoki guys, I'll set up a test forum for Mac only ripping stuff and see how well it goes. So, gather your Mac DVD ripping pals and try to get some sense into it -- unfortunately we don't use fruity things in our own stuff, so we can't really help you other than providing a forum to play with.

6. nezamac

nezamac Guest

Jack....I would recommend you upgrade to 10.1 or better yet 10.2. I'm currently backing up my dvd's on 10.1. I'm using a slow 400MHz b&w.
    Once you upgrade, you'll need OSEx0.0110a1, dvd studio pro 1.5, and Toast.

7. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Yo. I've got DVD studio pro 1.5 and toast 5.1.3

But what is OSEx0.0110a1 and what's the process?

I've been able to make a few dvd copies with dvd extractor .9b, toast and dvd studio pro.

8. nezamac

nezamac Guest

Yo, go to ripdifferent.com. Us Mac guys are now over there.

9. foobone12

foobone12 Member

Hi Im new at this. I use a mac and have OS 9.2 and was wondering if there is anyway to back up dvd's and/or xbox games using a cd burner. Ive heard ways that this is possible but only on pc, If you can tell me how I will be very appreciative.

10. mike71

mike71 Guest

love the mac forum, thanks it's very handy rather than peering through a multitude of irrelevant posts (for me anyway)

I actually upgraded my 3yo G4 to do a little DVD authoring.

Dual 867
    512ram
    2x60HD
    Radeon 9000
    combo drive
    superdrive