1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripit4me Question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dmoening, Feb 11, 2007.

1. dmoening

dmoening Member

I am contimplating on downloading Ripit4me...Can anyone give me some insite on it. Do i still need Shrink. Is it hard to understand. Is there alot of steps. How fast is it?

Anyone have any suggestions on software that would be really fast because with my computer it takes about an hour total with shrink and Nero.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

An hour isn't bad if you're using the Quality Settings. If you have a need for speed check out DVDCopy 5 from InterVideo. But if you count your dollars like I do, stick with Shrink. If interested in RipIt4Me (RI4M) you need to check out the home site and look over their official guide. It isn't too long. ;) http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (the last versions) are required components of the RI4M system. Those have to be installed before installing RI4M. Don't try installing RI4M first or you will have to browse and set path settings. That isn't fun unless you know your way around the files on your PC. The RI4M installer also installs FixVTS which is another small program that is another required component of the system. So, you end up with DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, and RipIt4Me (the macro). The 3 accompanying programs can still be used separately from the RI4M when desired (you'll need to send a shortcut icon for FixVTS to the desktop to activate it independently for VTS structural errors with other software). With the 1-Click mode in RipIt4Me the files are decrypted, cleaned, processed for VTS errors with FixVTS, and then opened in DVD Shrink as a test for DVD compliance. The footprint for all 4 programs is about the size of AnyDVD, they're small programs. Once set up RI4M uses the other programs, you don't need to operate them. When RI4M opens the files in Shrink, you then operate the rest of the backup process according to Shrink guidelines.

3. JVan15

JVan15 Member

I'm new to this whole thing to so maybe my advice will connect. With Ripit4me you need Shrink along with a couple other programs. However, once you get everything installed, setup and ready to go, it's easy to run because it's basically continous. If you go to the Ripit4me guide, it appears to be complicated and that was my initial reaction. But it's not bad. And a lot of people on these forums who know plenty more than I do seem to really like Ripit4me. And glancing through some of the topics, it seems to be working well on the newer movies that have been giving some people trouble.

Having said that, I use DVDFab+Shrink+ImgBurn. Seems to work really well and it's easy.

But again, I'm new to burning so I just mess around with different things and try them out.

4. dmoening

dmoening Member

Okay Thanks! Im going to just stick to shrink and Nero

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

JVan15
    Glad you agree with me on the RipIt4Me.
    http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

When SAW 3 first came out ,sporting the heavier copy protection, DVDFab was unable to do the job. It followed AnyDVD in playing catchup. RI4M was already capable of doing the decryption and cleanup. If you're going to stick with DVDFab Decrypter, you may want to consider FixVTS (a component of RI4M) for VTS structure errors. That's one of the big problems with the new copy protections. Even after decryption, they leave errors that cause problems for recording software.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You're not going to be able to rip the new movies using just Shrink and Nero.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

dmoening
    You still have to have a decryption program if you're going to back up factory DVD movies. RI4M works seamlessly with your Shrink and Nero. In fact with the 1-Click I mentioned the files are opened for you in Shrink.