1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripit4me question?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BobbyBlu, Feb 21, 2007.

1. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

Okay when i backup a movie using this program i do movie & menu's that all but for some reason when i want to copy my backup no program can read it i have tryed dvd decrypter & Img burn and get error at 99% when i'm trying to make a copy off a backup why is this?Even clone2 can't read the disc.Is there some way i can get DVD Decrypter or Img Burn by pass these error's which isn't really a error?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Write errors can cause the problem. Have you checked the disc for bad sectors. I've experienced the same problem. Then it's time to break out the original and do a new rip. Normally the copy feature in a recording suite is used to make copies instead of trying to use DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn.

3. backthisp

backthisp Member

did you use fixvts with ripit4me I skiped this step and sent it to shrink and backed it up. After i reinserted it could not be read with other programs but redid it using vtsfix and it was readable then

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's best to leave FixVTS checked. FixVTS only takes a few minutes and helps make the files compliant. By unchecking it you're leaving out an important part of the process. The only time to not use it is if you're 100% positive you don't need it. Usually you can only be that sure from hindsight.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

BobbyBlu,
    A DVD reader on a computer is not forgiving as a DVD Player as you have found out. Usually this is caused by the blank media you are using and it can also be caused by burning too close to the outer edge.
    If you are not using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden Blank media I would suggest that you try those brands. You change the Target size in Shrink to Custom-4350 and that figure would keep the data off the outer rim

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Car.Mike, you have a good point stressed there. I will however say that if you are using TRUE made in Japan TY then you can set the max output to 4450. Look for good buys on good quality DVD's and you will do fine.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Like Car.Mike and Syxguns pointed out, the key is good media, if the fault is poor quality causing problems at the outer edge of the media.

I've found quality media made in places besides Japan. I've had excellent results from quality media made in Taiwan and Singapore. Taiwanese Sony +R rates as good as the MIJ TY manufactured Sony from my experience. The Verbatim DL is made in Singapore and rated one of the top DL discs on the market. In the past Ricohjpn has produced media for a lot of top brands including Verbatim and they're made in Taiwan. But, Taiwan is known for turning out more of the worst media. I've wondered if there's not DVD manufacturing going on in every backroom on the island. The Made in Japan is usually an indication you're getting good media. The Made in Taiwan should set off a warning bell to be cautious, but not automatically avoid the media. But, you should never buy a no name brand from Taiwan or anywhere else unless you want problems with your media.

In all the time I've been burning discs, I've never had to set the size lower than default. I've always made it a point to use quality media. But Car.Mike and Syxguns are right, set the size smaller on poor quality media and it may make it more usable. I'd probably throw the junk out and buy some of the good stuff. I don't like sitting around wondering when the problem is going to move farther toward center.

8. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

Okay guys thxs for responding.Far as media i only use Sony or Verb's that it nothing else touch my burners.Also i alway use fixvts i never uncheck it.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Probably just a bad burn. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had it happen to me once. Just redo the copy from the original. It's strange how a disc will play but not record, but it happens sometimes. I've had it happen a few times with factory DVD movies. The factory DVDs are pressed, but they can still have bad sectors.

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ BobbyBlu,

Is ur firmware up to date?