1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Sounds as you are not using ver 2.18 of the plugin for PgcEdit. You also need to use ver 7.3 of PgcEdit.

2. graham125

graham125 Member

YEAH I AM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF PGC EDIT

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Edit moved this post into guide, you can see the Fun With Dick and Jane rip in the first post :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

graham125, you don't have AnyDvd or DVD43 running in the background do you?

5. graham125

graham125 Member

dialysis1, no i dont have them running in the back ground,i have got dvd43 but i dont use it ,i was allways using pgc edit,which worked brilliant until i tried fun with dick and jane,and it couldnt do the sony arcoss,,its the first time i have ever used a forum as i have never got stuck b4, im still trying 2 suss it out as we type,as i believe ripit4me is going 2 b the 1 im going to start needing,first rip is ok its wen i get onto 3b i think it is on the guide it says do it so i press on it and then my ripped files go missing out of there fo;der,well most of them apart from the title menu and a psl list file,sorry to go on so much its just thatits getting on my nerves,ive never none a 1 click 2 baffle me like this, sorry 2 trouble u, and thanks for replying

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you are using the Wizard mode then try skipping the removal of the protected cells/last cell in the Advanced options and just proceed to FixVTS. If you are using 1click mode this does not come up, as it is done automatically and you do not have to choose anything. Are you sure you installed everything correctly. You could try removing your PGCEdit and just using RipIt4Me.

7. graham125

graham125 Member

arniebear, thanks for the advice i will give it a try now b4 i fall a sleep,as im in the uk and its 1.30am,and i only slept 3 hours last nite trying 2 do this,lolyeah i will try your methods, i did thinkmyself about unistalling pgc edit, i will give this options a try, thankyou for the advice anything is worth a try

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes it is worth a try, the removal of the protected cells in the advanced options just may be removing everything, lol. But since I am learning the program also, and am not the program author, I can only guess along with you. Good luck, hopefully something will work :)

9. graham125

graham125 Member

yep cheers, i think i need luck on this 1 its strange, but thanks,i will give it a try and let u no the out come

10. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

Can someone please explain the difference between the 'Wizard Mode' and the '1-click Mode' in the RipIt4Me software. Thanks.
    Shaki

11. gogochar

gogochar Guest

@shaki
    The Wizard is what you need to first to fully configure RipIt4Me. Then, after you've completely ripped a DVD, you can use the 1 Click mode. It does everything for you, without you clicking on any buttons. It's kinda like this:
    1. Insert blank DVD-R and the DVD you want to backup.
    2. Open RipIt4Me.
    3. Click 1 Click.
    4. Wait about an hour and presto, full DVD backup!

12. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

@shaki
    check the guides, either at the beginning of this thread, or the ripit4me page: http://www.riphelp.com/RipIt4Me/guide.htm. the wizard mode gives you the options to skip various stages (Step 2 - Create PSL file, Step 3 - Rip with PSL file, Step 3b - Optional cleanup, Step 4 - Cleanup with FixVTS) of the process if you believe they are unnecessary. One click mode simply does all of the above steps, even though a particular dvd may not need one or more of them. even if unnecessary, they won't harm the final output files, don't take that many more minutes, and gives you the time to mow the lawn.

13. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

Thanks Gogochar & Surfgeo. Do you guys usually use RipIt4Me software to backup DVDs? The only reason I used it was because DVD Shrink & Decrypter did not work on 'Pink Panther'. Also, since I have a CD drive and a DVD drive, I would not be able to do the 1-click process, right? Darn it, how I wish I had dual DVD drives in my computer. Thank you folks for your input.

Shaki

14. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

@shaki
    i have a variety of free and purchased software for backing up dvds. i like to have a variety of options, mostly just to learn about using them and doing something differently once in a while. lots of current and more recent dvds will have encryption and other methods that cannot be overcome by shrink and dvddecrypter... that's why you need the tools included in ripit4me, or dvdfabdecrypter/vobblanker combination, and a burning tool such as nero or imgburn or the iso burning capacity of dvddecrypter, or many other choices. and if you want to spend some money you can get the tried and true anydvd/clonedvd2 combination. you do not need dual drives to use the "one click" method of ripit4me. yes, you will have to be there to remove the original dvd and put your blank writable dvd in the burner after shrink has finished (i guess it should be called "one click and one dvd change")... it may automatically launch nero if you have shrink configured to do that (you'll see a message asking for a blank dvd...)... otherwise you use the output files of shrink with whatever burning engine you'd like. enjoy.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It will launch Nero, or Decrypter/ImgBurn to burn. With only one drive you would then have to put in your blank disk.

16. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Is there a way that I can print your post with the instruction for downloading and installing RipIt4Me? I don't want to have to print all of the post after yours. I need to be able to study it without having to scroll through it. I'm confused but it's not your fault. I get confused easily lately. At my age I don't seem to be able to catch onto things as easily as I use too.
    I came to this post because you replied to a post I had written asking for help with this and your links led me here. Sorry I seem to be so dense but I just don't seem to know how to make the path required to install the program.
    Am I suppose to download and install the other programs that you have links to also, in order for RipIt4Me to work?
    I'm trying to preserve our DVD collection by making copies so we can put the originals in a safe place. We live on the West Bank of New Orleans, which is actually South of New Orleans (go figure) and of course we are in hurrican season. I'm doing what I can to preserve what we have and still be able to watch our favorites without having to make sure we keep them packed up to grab should we have to evacuate.
    Thanks for the link and maybe if I can print your post I will be able to study it hard and long enough for it to eventually make sense to me.
    Linda

17. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

Select that which you want to be printed in the same manner you select any other text, etc. Choose print from the File menu and choose Selection in the Print Range portion of the Print window.

Before using ripit4me, download and install these three programs:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    FixVTS (There are links in my signature below.)

You can then use ripit4me.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

version1.2.0.0 is out now downloaded it yesterday it was version 1.2.0.0 very nice program. love you guide arniebear.. i think this is very easy to do. love the 1click mode

19. hm1

hm1 Regular member

great guide arniebear

Thanks

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thank you both very much, the program is very good and works excellently not one bad rip/burn to report yet :)