1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Sorry; I just saw that it said to 'right click'. I told you I have ADD.

2. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

That's done. The first controller was in the DMA mode but the second was in the PIO. I did change that. I noticed that in the block under both it indicated that it was not applicable. Do you know what that means? I will try to copy another movie in a little while to see if it's faster this time.
    I'm so glad you guys know all of this and share it with those of us who know nothing about computers and what they're capable of doing. This is fascinating and I appreciate the guides you provide. That sure helps me because I need to keep going back and checking with them to be able to do anything like that. I have to admit that the pictures help me out a lot. If I can see it done I can usually do it myself and the pictures in the guides are almost like having someone standing here showing me how.
    It is greatly appreciated.
    After I copy the next movie I'll let you know how much time it takes.
    Thanks.
    Linda

3. Rob1026

Rob1026 Regular member

this is actually great super great

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Glad you like the program, I think it works really great myself :)

5. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

It seems that this movie is taking longer then the first one which I copied yesterday. I made the changes but the decrypter shows that it is going to take over 3 hours to do it's thing. I don't yet know how long it will take to go through the burn process after this is finished.
    Just thought I'd let you know. The movie I copied yesterday was 'The Reff' approx. 97 minutes and the one I'm copying today is 'Identity' approx. 90 minutes.
    Linda

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Okay, these should not take that long to do, did you see my post about checking to make sure your drives are in DMA mode. Please check this out. Also, I take it these are older movies, not anything new with heavy protection. DVD Decrypter and Shrink may be able to do this on their own. Put your disk in and open open Decrypter and just tell it too rip, no need for RipIt4Me, just use Decrypter and see if it goes through then open Shrink and process.

If your file is below 4.3g in size and you can check in Decrypter it will give you the file size you can just rip in iso read mode and then do a straight iso write mode. Check the size and you can post it if you are not sure.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  7. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I did open just DVD Decrypter for some reason. I guess I had forgotten that I was to use RipIt4Me. I had checked the controllers. The first one was set DMA but the second one wasn't so I changed that. However, under each one of them there was a box that had 'not applicable' in it right under the mode indicated. Does this mean that my system is not capable of the DMA mode?
    This movie is 1,048,575 kb. I'm not sure if that's consider a large amount of not. Also, I went back yesterday and deleted the files it had copied to my hard drive, I thought. I seem to have a lot less free space on my hard drive today then I did before copying the movie yesterday. Will my hard drive be used up like this with each movie I copy? Is there something I have to do to get rid of these files other then go to the file I made on my desktop and delete the files I think I should delete? That's what I did yesterday after copying the first movie.

8. bgrivrs

bgrivrs Guest

I am trying to use your program ripit4me. I finally managed to get
    When A Stranger Calls copyied, but every time I try to copy Underworld
    Evolution I get no farther than 1%. I am having no luck with this
    movie at all. When A Stranger Calls took almost 5 hours to rip. My
    drive is in Ultra DMA Mode, so that is not the problem. I am following
    the guide to the letter, so can you give me any other hints of some
    thing I can do to make this work? I get this line in Ripit4me.

Couldn't find absolute start sector for VTS27, excluding from PSL

I am 21 minutes into this session, and only 1% done. I am going to
    leave this running all night to see what happens. I will check back
    in the morning to see what advice someone might be able to offer.
    Thanks in advance!

9. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

That is not a problem. All ARccOS protected Sony DVDs have a fake last VTS.

So i guess that's the last VTS on the DVD.

Five hours sounds very odd. I know that when DVD Decrypter inserts the dummy sectors in the beginning of the movie - the time counter is not to be trusted - but the real time should not take five hours.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

bgrivrs, whats your PC specs.CPU ,memorey etc.

and are you doing a disc cleanup and defragging a couple times a week? like you should be.

and is your firmware on your drives up to date.

try clonedvd 2 with anydvd and see if its still taking you that long

11. bgrivrs

bgrivrs Guest

3.4ghz pentium4 processor with 512mb ram, Windows XP Home, just re
    formatted, so defragg not necessary, DVD Drive/Burner is dual layer
    Plextor External brand new. Drive burns discs at 16X plus dual layer
    discs at 4X. Don't know what problem is, but 1hr 50 minutes into
    this session with Underworld Evolution and still only 1% complete.
    Going to shut this down, and try something else.

12. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Sounds to me as the psl file never was imported and that DVD Decrypter now only reports "Can't read sector" in the log? If that is the case - then it will take ages and you will still have the problem when the rip is done.

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

nice sig aabbccdd.... no more warpigs have the power!!!!!!lol
    i have used this program only once so far havent had the time lately to do anything other than work, but i did annapolis and it took roughly 30 mins to rip and burn i used 1clickmode. i need to get some spare time so i can play with wizard mode.....just opened ripit4me. and a new version is out 1.3.0.0.....
    plus it also said it cant run with anydvd running in the back ground should it do that?

14. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I spent all day yesterday trying to copy a movie, which was eventually successful. Each time the decrypter would take between 3 and 4 hours to complete. I never could get past that point. I can't remember now what notice I would get but something about the files not being available. I should have written it down but I was trying so hard to just get the DVD copied that I would just delete all of those files and start over. I know the first time I was able to copy a movie I was successful with no problems. That is after I got lots and lots of help from this site explaining to me how to download and install the necessary software. I don't know why I was having so much trouble yesterday nor why my system takes so long to go through this process.
    Can anyone tell me what the problem could be that would cause this to take almost 7 hours to complete the process of ripping and then copying a movie?
    If I downloaded AnyDVD and CloneDVD to give it a try will it interfere with the free programs I've already downloaded? I wouldn't want to do that but I'm at a point that I think with the length of time it takes to use the free programs on my system I might be forced to get the programs that I have to buy if they're faster. I won't know unless I'm able to try them. I understand they have a trial period. I'm just at a loss as to why this takes so long, in addition to what the problems were yesterday. The first copy went so smoothly, slow but smoothly and then yesterday I just couldn't get it to work until my third try. By then I had been at it for over 7 hours and then it took over another 7 to go through the entire successful process finally.

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@myrealtr

It should not take as long as you are reporting, the longest times I had was 32 minutes for Fun With Dick and Jane and that was because there were two movies on the disk, Wide and Fullscreen, which meant it had double the amount of protection. If your drives are not reporting the correct DMA mode as shown in the bbmayo guide then uninstall the secondary controllers and see if it goes back. It can be as cynthia reports, she would know, that the PSL file is not being imported correctly which can be a setup problem. Yes you can dl AnyDVD and CloneDVD and give them a try, you should see a faster time. If you don't there is something else wrong, DMA usually is the culprit in slow ripping/burning times.

16. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Would be nice if you could post the log file from DVD Decryper. It should be in the folder you selected as target for the rip. The name should be DVDDecrypter.log

17. bauerv15

bauerv15 Member

It's good to see a new ripping process....but what about finishing the encoding process by skipping DVDShrink and using DVD-RB+CCE. Anyone see a difference?

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

There should be no problem in skipping Shrink and using RB/CCE. RB does a much better job especially on the higher compressed movies.

19. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

arniebear:
    Both of my controllers are now DMA. The second one had to be changed to DMA, which I did when you first suggested that. Wasn't I suppose to do that?
    As far as the log file, after burning the movies I delete the files that I could. Wouldn't the Decrypter log file have been deleted? If not where would I find it?
    Have to get to work, will check this from there but won't have my system there. I'll be on there computers so I won't be able to check anything on my system until later today.
    Y'all have a great day. Thanks again for all of the help.

20. mattjenna

mattjenna Member

arniebear as a newbie I just wanted to thank you for putting the effort into both responding to questions in this thread and posting the initial guide-I did a very clean decrypt, rip, re-size and burn of a 7 GB DVD-after MANY unsuccesful attempts to burn DL discs at full size.

My times were very slow-4 hours for the whole process start to finish-DVD shrink was the slow culprit-RipIt4Me was very efficient.

Again, thanks.

Jenna