1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hi jenna,

Thank you and glad you are liking the program. If your Shrink is running slow make sure you run a spyware/virus scan, defrag your computer, and leave at least 15g's free on your HDD. Also, if you have advanced analysis and AEC settings checked this will also slow it down.

2. mattjenna

mattjenna Member

arniebear, yes to all those points-again, thanks.

Jenna

3. lighty82

lighty82 Member

I have a couple of questions. Should it take very long to create PSL and must I have DVD Decrypter open as well?

4. lighty82

lighty82 Member

After the program stalls as I described in my last post I get the following messeage.

RipIt4Me has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Why do I keep getting this message and what should I do to prevent it?

5. bjerz

bjerz Member

If you are getting the "encountered problem & close" message, try closing Ripit4me and open DVDDecrypter. After DVDD recognizes the DVD close it and re-open Ripit4me and try it again. RI4M should now work.

B

6. dshark56

dshark56 Member

arniebear help. I went thru the whole process of using RipIt4Me and I made sure all the programs were up to date. When I first started it up it told me to close AnyDVD before going on, so I did. I followed your guide and had decrypter do the psl file first and used all the programs just like you insturcted and at the end I used Shrink to Reauthor only the 4 episodes off the original disc. When It went to burn with Decrypter it came up with the same error message again.

I/O Error!
    Device: SONY DVD RW DRU-510A
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 08 D0 00 00 10 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) – Sectors: 2256 – 2271
    Sense Area: F1 00 3 FF FD 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00 00 00 00 9B 02 12 50
    Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

Is it a problem with Decrypter not being able to burn the new file or was I supposed to have AnyDVD running in the background when I originally ripped it with Decrypter? even though RipIt4Me told me to close it? I just keep getting this error no matter what I do. Ideas ? ?
    plsase help.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You are getting a power calibration error, which can be caused by poor media, firmware that is out of date, defective recorder, or poor power supply. What brand media are you using, how fast are you burning, when did you last update your firmware on this burner?

8. dshark56

dshark56 Member

I don't know how to update firmware, I am using Fujifilm DVD+R 16X.
    A LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S AND A SONY DVD RW DRU-510A. I have tried burning with each and get the same error on this one project, but I just backed up StarWars 1 thru 6 and had no problems. I was using Verbatim Blank DVD+R for those burns though. I normally stick to 2.4X burning speed and sometimes 2X.

It may be the discs. I went to this site.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

and downloaded a NERO infoTool to figure out the manufature and it
    came back Prodisc R05 which on the dvdmedia list is 2nd class media, so that could be it. Very usefull site. and so is the Nero infoTool. I think I will stay away from FujiFilm DVD blanks from now on.

Can you tell me how to update my firmware for my burners ?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

For you lite-on it should be BSOY

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1934

For your Sony it should be 1.1a. However, this is an old burner and it looks like Sony is not supporting it, the last update was almost a year and half ago, which means the burner may not be able to recognize this newer media.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1597

If the Verbatims worked, try them again and see if you have the same problems. If you do not then you know it is media. Try burning at 4x and see if it works the media is 16x and just may not like the 2 or 2.4x speed. Sometimes burning too slow is just as bad as burning too fast.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  10. dshark56

dshark56 Member

I found a top rated blank Sony dvd +R and I have had good luck with Sony. I opened up my case and blew out the dust and dirt and I updated the Firmware like you said, and I test burned a copy of a backup ISO file that wouldnt burn yesterday, and it burned smooth and sure. I think I am having a power supply or CPU overheating problem. With the side open on my computer it was cool through out the burn and it worked fine. The backup played back smooth and clean with no glitches. Ergo. It must be a heat problem sapping the machines ablity to function.

I looked inside and I have a 350Watt power supply and I think it should be able to handle another one or two additional intenal fans to cool the machine off. What do you think of that idea?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It should be able to handle on additional fan, until you put it in you can always just keep the case open and have an external fan blow some air on it. Cleaning out the dirt should help with air circulation.

12. lighty82

lighty82 Member

I tried that and it didn't work. I updated my firmware recently as well.

13. magicmanx

magicmanx Member

@ arniebear .... props to you. :0)

14. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

great job but how do I create the file on my cpu for the FixVTS.exe file so it can be recognize by the ripit4 me program. I am having a little trouble with that

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Estract your RipIt4Me program into a folder, mine is called Rip Program, in this folder also extract your FixVTS program, both of these came as ZIP files. Open RipIt4Me and go to the log/settings tab then preferences and then point the path to your folder.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  16. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I did what you said, I created a folder call rip it program and put both ripit4me and Fixvts file in it. then I open the settings for ripit4me and put the path but everytime I tried the path, the window opens up for the correct path with exe file but there is no file in the folder with Fixvts. I open the file and the file says exe but when I tried the path it doen't show it . what could be the problem. Thanks for the help. it is a great program

17. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I double click the extract files and suddenly the files appear creating a path. we will see if that works the next time I tried using the program. It seems after dycrpter shrink doesn't recognize it or the path.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Are you using the Wizard Mode or the 1Click, use the 1Click it is easier and automatic. All you need to do is insert your DVD, open RipIt4Me, choose 1Click Mode and then whether you want Full Backup, Movie+menu, or Movie Only. Hit okay and the rest will be done for you, as long as you have the correct path to FixVTS it will open and do your file by itself you do not have to do a thing. To check and make sure the program is installed just double click on it, it will look like this.

[​IMG]

Close it and then try RipIt4Me using 1Click.

19. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I got the box and will give it a shot tomorrow on a DVD. otherwise I will email you.

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Good luck :)