1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripit4me Update 1.6.8.0 Now Avail

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kitty66, Feb 6, 2007.

1. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hi Cats and Kittens

The new ripit update is out. Go see http://www.ripit4me.org

Enjoy your new release tuesday! This should help!

^"^
    >:<

2. slab

slab Member

thanks for reminder!

3. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

got it. and it still won't do 1. flags of our fathers 2. boynton beach club and 3. running with scissors. also tried latest dvdfab beta. anyone have any suggestions (besides retail anydvd)?

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I know that ripit has done running with scisors, I don't know about the others.
    A. Is the firmware up to date.
    B. Have you tried Movie only.
    C. Double check your fixvts settings and make sure that is up to date. You may have already done this as from your sig you are familiar with the freebies. Also make sure it is pointing to current fixvts
    D. I always defrag once or twice a week depending on how much burning I do. This has sometimes resolved strange issues.
    E. Run a reg cleaner after updates, or uninstalls. This may be a software conflict somewhere. Try a clean install of the programs after uninstalling and running defrag and reg cleaner. Could not hurt.
    F. Check your drive settings during the process to ensure it has not slipped into PIO mode. What you want is DMA. If you want to be extra sure re-install the drivers after you uninstall software and before clean install.

Phew! That's it on my list! Someone else may have more suggestions.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL
    Of course. Add good media to your list. ;) That's probably not the problem here though.

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Oh, yes USE QUALITY MEDIA. That said though Pac you may be right, without a burn log it is kinda hard to tell. If the burn shows bad sectors towards the tail end it is poor media related right?

OK, so send us your log.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That' usually relates to poor manufacturing quality where they don't do a good job of pressing the layers together. There you get finalizing errors or playability errors toward the end. With Shrink and other programs where the user can cut back on file size, that problem can be worked around if not too bad. I've never had to back off default settings though. I try to use good media and I was informed up front. So I didn't have to go through a phase of using crap to learn my lesson.

You can also get into a situation where the dye layer is damaged or poor quality. Then you can get errors all through.

Here the problem is reading the factory DVD. So it would have nothing to do with media till you get to the burn. ;) Since you had the cover all list, I thought media should be put in there as well.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  8. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

It is so added! Also I think it was a good suggestion anyhow, as we don't know what kind of errors were happening.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Kitty
    Did you know that factory DVDs are pressed and not burned? They can have a bad press and still play good. It sometimes messes up doing a copy though. Doing a disc analysis (read test) often shows the problem. If others are backing up these DVD releases with the software, then it indicates a flaw in the process or a flawed disc (that is if other DVD releases are working properly). Run a test on the DVD and then review the process if not overly familiar with the software. If so, do it anyway. LOL Sometimes just opening the DVD in player software and running it a couple of minutes and then opening the decryption software will get things to work. That's just a couple of things to remember and possible suggestions for a problem such as this.

I've not experienced the problem, but I hear some of these new heavily copy protected DVDs are difficult for some players and recorders to deal with.

10. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK, I was more or less aware of that one...the more part being that I have a disk that must be a bad press of Strictly Ballroom. When you run vobinvestigator on it it baggs, it has two errors listed but still plays in the DVD player or my computer just fine.

The less part being that I did not think a bad press did that at the end sectors (this IS where ballroom baggs out) I thought that was just bad dye on the receiving end.

ALSO...you always have something to teach me dude, THANK YOU...I did not know that the bad dye issue could cause faults throughout the disk.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Whether the dye get's damaged from improperly sealing the outer layers (at the edge) or whether from laying the dye improperly, or just bad dye, I've seen members encounter it all with recordable media. I've even gotten some strange errors on my own copies that I can't explain (intermittent errors all the way through the copy). I made a backup, it played perfect, but the intermittent write errors made it impossible to copy. Something went wrong in the burn, but I can't recreate the problem, nor do I really care to. LOL