1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me Version 1.6.8.0 (7 February 2007)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dialysis1, Feb 6, 2007.

1. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Version 1.6.8.0 (7 February 2007)

- Returned to a simpler way to check whether the disc is a DVD: look for the VIDEO_TS folder!
    - Once more attempted to solve the VISTA PSL import problem. There is now a 1s delay to allow the open dialog to open.
    - Fixed the problem that sometimes caused the label of the DVD to not be read and be reported as "NO_LABEL".
    - In the Jump To Menu function, if the target menu was in the title domain, but not a title itself, things could go bad. This is now fixed.
    - Fixed a problem that could allow the parsing to occur even though the disc wasn't ready!
    - Fixed problem that could occur when updating (the RipIt4Me app was sometimes locked so you couldn't overwrite it).
    - The dialog title in Step 1 now reflects whether we're in wizard or 1-click mode. No more confusion!
    - In the jump to menu function, if sprm(2) (subpictures) is set to a value that can't be obtained with a SetSTN command, sprm(2) is set to 62 ("not set").
    - There are a couple more strings to translate.

2. ayoshak

ayoshak Member

One snag, with version 1.6.9. which I have, thanks.
    It doesn't recognise ISO file mounted as a drive (with MS utility); other programs have no problem with that.
    I wanted to process some dvds that cannot be open in other programs due to various intentional faults but that play ok. They are too big to burn on a single layer, and I wanted to slim them down and add subs.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    a

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

No, it will not work on ISO files. You can open ISO files with DVD_Shrink.

4. ayoshak

ayoshak Member

Thanks, DVD Shrink is one of the programs that refuses to open those due to various errors.

What is unusual is that to all other programs mounted ISO looks just like a CD/DVD drive with its own letter. But not to RipIt4Me. Any special reason why not?

5. signal

signal Guest

If i was editing a video or and ISO.

1. I would use an ISO buster to open the ISO and extract the info.

2. If the Info is a video file saved as an ISO, i would extract it, the reauthor it.
    There is a proggy called ISO Buster, you can google search it, or use nero and burn the ISO to disc, the copy the file and edit as you wish...

If i read your thread correctly, i hope this helps...

The Unknown_Signal...:)

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Almost any ZIP program will open an ISO file.

7. ayoshak

ayoshak Member

Hi to all,
    Thanks for your inputs, unfortunately I still have a problem.
    I am sorry if I was not clear is describing it fully.
    I have a 6+Gb ISO file that I cannot burn as I have only DVD5 burner.
    I can extract the contents of the ISO file, and get the usual AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. However, the contents refuse to be re-authored due to various errors and protections. It plays well with PowerDVD so I don't believe the contents are damaged, just probably protected. I can mount ISO as a virtual drive, but neither Decrypter nor Ripit4me see the virtual drive so I cannot remove protections that way. PGCEdit IFOEdit and DVDShrink see the virtual drive but refuse to open and scan all files. The original disk got damaged and cannot be read.
    Any ideas how to proceed?
    Thanks
    ayosha

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You'll probably have to rip the original again.