1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripitforme seems to have aborted message

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mikiemike, Mar 25, 2007.

1. mikiemike

mikiemike Member

I get the seems to have aborted message every time I try to back-up Rocky Balboa. It still creates files in the destination directory but I cannot use them to copy using CloneDVD. I cannot back-up any of my new Sony DVDs. I have tried all of the recommended software solutions Ripit4me, Decryter etc. Help.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Check what programs you might have running in the background.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I seem to have learned a fair bit about how this software operates..

First, and pretty obvious.. Do you have plenty of space on your drive.. Not just the size of the dvd you are trying to rip? Intermediate background processes use a huge amount of space in your /temp/ directory.
    If you have 2 partitions try specifying a /temp/ directory on a partition with more space.

Second.. The program isn't finding another it is trying to call.
    You can put paths to the others by configuring the program (setup)

Third (and this will sound strange to a non *nix user) Do you or the programs have write permissions in the folder you are putting the data in? or the temp folder? Are you running with administrator privileges (root user) or just from a user level account where the amount of data you can store is based on a quota?

And finally.. Have you looked in the dvd ripping theads for anybody else having problems with the dvd you are trying to copy?

Sorry about lots of questions, but working through them will probably give some clues to what and why things are going wrong.