1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIPPED DVD SMALLER THAT 4.7 GB, CAN I BURN STRAIGHT WITH NERO OR MUST I DO INSTANT COPY THEN PDI TO ISO?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by vlcmrckr, Apr 14, 2003.

1. vlcmrckr

vlcmrckr Guest

Alot of movies are under 4.7 GB after decrypting it with dvd decrypter and whats the point of makin git smaller with instant copy if its already smaller than a dvdr. So can i copy the VOB files with nero? i tried already three times buut there were errors but i dont know if my setting were wrong..and i hate wasting media (Failed DVDr's)

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

yes you can burn str8 away w/ Nero if you rip/encrypt all .VOB .IFO .BUP files

3. vlcmrckr

vlcmrckr Guest

well i already burned it before, first, on 2x and stopped at like 15% and again and 1x and stopped at 25% :( (i did it on jackass vol. 2)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2003
  4. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

Why are you trying to burn it with Nero ? Any special reason ??? Why aren`t you burning it with DVD Decryptor ????? Read / Rip it to your hard drive set on .iso, then change to Write & Burn the .iso image to a dvd.

5. vlcmrckr

vlcmrckr Guest

THANKS!! YOUR THE FU**IN MAN!

6. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

How do you get it to burn from DVD Decrypter? Every time I go to the write section, it asks me for a file where image is. I locate the place movie was ripped to but "All Image Files" in location show nothings there. When I click on "Show All Files", it shows all my ripped files, but it won't let me select everything. It just wants one file. Can you give me more info on how to do this?

7. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

8. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

Ok. I copies my DVD "Show Boat" to my hard drive, but it did not give it the extension .DVD Instead it was .IFO
    plus another one .MHD I opend the .IFO file and burned the movie. EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GREAT! And works great in my stand alone. But I don't know why it didn't give it the .DVD extension. Any answers to this?

9. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

This is from the Link :

Now you need to select the image file from the harddrive. Click the source filename in DVD Decrypter's window and it pops up a file dialog. Note that if you have other than NTFS filesystem, you might have multiple files on your harddrive now, one of them is with extension .DVD and this is the file you need to select -- if you have NTFS, select the only file you see in the directory you selected and click OK.

You must have an NTFS file system. You are running XP , NT or Windows 2000. If you had OTHER THAN NTFS , then you would be running Windows 95, 98 or ME. And the .dvd extension would be there. Since you are not it is not there.

10. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

I'm running XP Pro with a 60G Hard drive. But still I see no .DVD extension, only the .IFO file. I'm using the newest version of DVD Decrypter. Is there something different with it?

11. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

It is because you are using XP that you will NOT see the .DVD extension. That is the way it is supposed to be. This is normal. Nothing is different . You will get the .DVD only if you use 95, 98 or ME as your Operating System.

Try ripping/read using the .ISO setting and then burn/write the .ISO image.

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Or you can rip with Smartripper & burn straight away with Nero.

It's an easy life...

13. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

Ok. I just burned my 2nd movie using the .ISO and everything turned out great! Thanks for everything.

14. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

One other thing I thought I should mention. Have you ever used a file sharing service like Kazaa ?? Some files / programs have the .ISO extension. I have seen Windows 2000 and other programs with the .ISO extension on the services. Once you download the file , you can use DVD Decryptor to burn the .ISO Image to a CD.

15. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

I love Kazaa. I've gotten several programs from there. The only problem with the movies are the quality. Most are extremely sucky! I used to download them and burn to a cd-r, but after a while thought it just wasn't worth the blank cd-r.