1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped DVD won't play in DVD player

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kingnicky, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kingnicky

kingnicky Member

I'm currently using DVD Cloner 8 program and have an HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N.

I've been backing up my DVD's with a DVD+R 4.7GB which has presented no problems.

Well, when the DVD is larger than 4.7GB, DVD Cloner 8 suggest that I switch from DVD-5 to DVD-9. When that's the case, I use DVD+R DL 8.5 GB.

Once the back-up is complete, the DVD will not play in any DVD player. Though it does play on my hard drive. I'm confused.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. pmacg

pmacg Member

Can I come in on this one please as I have a similar problem? I thought I'd posted my query yesterday but it seems not - lost in cyberspace!

A friend rcorded a TV program for me from satellite as I don't have the channel which showed it. He then transferred it to a blank DVD which plays perfectly on my DVD player and on my PC. However, when i made a copy to send to another family member that was featured in the programme, the copy I made plays on my PC but not on my DVD. Where have I gone wrong? I used the Windows 7 disc copy facility and yes, it happens to be a new Verbatim DVD-RW. (Grin) It's only 30 minutes, so well within disk capacity.

Any help appreciated.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming this is DVD format video (VIDEO_TS folder) - I've run into this on Windows 7 too.
    The disk is 'closed' but it won't play on a standalone player.

Copy or drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto the desktop.
    Run ImgBurn and select 'Write files/folders to disc'.
    Drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto the window and burn the new disk.

5. pmacg

pmacg Member

Thanks - I'll give t a try. Unfortunately will ahve to be after the weekend as we are just about to go away - but I'll let you know next week if my problem is solved.