1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped Movies

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rmesa, Jan 27, 2015.

1. rmesa

rmesa Member

Hello! I recently got a L&G Plasma TV, but when we watch DVD's the color is just awful. So then I started ripping my DVDs to MP4 format, and wathing them thru the usb port-Amazing Color!! So now ive begun the tedious job of ripping all my DVd's so we can enjoy them on our TV. However, now for some reason movies I rip in english, are in spanish on my TV!! At first I though i made a mistake, but they are clear and in english on my computer, but in spanish on my TV! can anyone help? im so frustrated, because we have many DVDs and cant enjoy them on our tv. thank you!!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you open the video in MediaInfo, does it list more than one audio track.

Clipboard01.

rmesa likes this.
  3. rmesa

rmesa Member

Ive never used MediaInfo, but im looking to find it now!! Thank you for the quick input!! Greatly appreciated!

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

How are you connecting the DVD player to the TV? If your using the standard red,white, yellow cables, the color is going to look like crap. You need to use component or hdmi in order to get a good picture from a dvd on a HDTV. If you want really good, you have to use Blu Ray.

5. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

"At first I though i made a mistake, but they are clear and in english on my computer, but in spanish on my TV!"
    You mean the DVD plays fine on computer with English audio? Or the MP4?
    Guess you may need to check the ripping settings, most rippers will rip the video with only one audio tracks by default. If want English, make sure the English audio track is checked.
    Or you can just try some multi-track rippers like ByteCopy > Multi-track Video mode. All audios will be saved so you can switch on TV directly.