1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped Ok.....Burning is the problem now

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mattyice, Aug 6, 2002.

1. mattyice

mattyice Guest

Hi everyone, I am new to burning dvd movies and have come across a problem. I ripped the movie (Billy Madison) with DVD Decrypter on my Pioneer A04 drive and that worked fine, but when i try to burn the movie i get the following message:

ASPI Command Error!

ASPI SRB Status: 0x04
    Interpretation: SRB completed with Error

Host Adapter Status: 0x00
    Host Adapter did not detect an error

Target Status: 0x02
    Interpretation: CHeck Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 03 20 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors 800-831

Sense Area: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No additional sense information.

I am running Windows XP and installed the Adaptec 4.71 ASPI Layer and also the Nero layer, since I still was getting an error message with just the Adaptec Layer.

I have used the search function at the top of the page extensively and tried searching google for a solution to the problem as well - so i am not wasting your time with a post without trying to fix it myself. Thank you for any help you can give.

2. mattyice

mattyice Guest

W 21:02:38 [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104 - Selected Write Speed is not supported!
    W 21:02:38 [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104 - Actual Write Speed: 8x
    I 21:02:38 Filling Buffer...
    I 21:02:44 Writing ISO Image...
    E 21:02:44 Failed to Write Sectors 800 - 831 - No Additional Sense Information
    E 21:19:18 Failed to Write ISO Image!
    E 21:19:18 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:16:39

This is the log from DVD Decrypter. I clearly selected 1x as the write speed so i dont know where this 'actual write speed 8x' is coming from. Again, thanks for any and all help

3. Manny:)

Manny:) Guest

With a DVD writer 1x is about the same as 8x or 9x on a normal cd writer.

4. nuriko

nuriko Guest

that is similar to the problem I am having! This is the error that I'm receiving:

Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD+RW DRU 120A

Scsi Status: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: AD 00 00 00 00 00 08 04 00 00
    Interpretation: Read DVD Structure

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0B 00 00 00 00 24 00
    Interpretation: Invalid field in CDB

So I guess I'm not the only one frustrated with their drive. Does running XP have something to do with it?

nuriko

EDIT: How embarassing... Geocities.won't show my picture now...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2002
  5. Manny:)

Manny:) Guest

I looked at your picture and to me it looks like it has something to do with your DVD drive.
    I have a Pioneer A04 and I got the codec from Nero and I haven't had a problem. I just back up a copy of I am Sam yesterday with no proplems. Maybe you could see if there is any help on the Sony site with your DVD writer. That is all I can think of.

6. nuriko

nuriko Guest

Sony Site is a no-go. They don't have online support for it yet, and they won't give phone in support because I'm not using their software (which won't copy the movie).

7. Marino13

Marino13 Member

I have the same recorder as nuriko and I am getting the same exact error messages. I am also using XP. Any help out there?

8. zeionez

zeionez Member

Hey guys , i have the same aspi error comming up and im using windows me with the hp 200i burner so its not xp!

9. nuriko

nuriko Guest

ok, i got it to burn once and this is how I did it --

First, close out almost everything XP is running. I'm not familiar with ME, but I know XP runs so much stuff in the background that my I already need a RAM boost and I just bought my damn computer. Also, rip the movie with smart ripper, and then burn it with nero. Nero doesn't show these errors that the other program does, and it burns fairly quickly. Also, my burner had a knack for losing power halfway through the disc, making it worthless. I think that freeing some RAM solved the problem (at least in that one disc. I've only tried this once and it burned a movie that would play in my PS2). I will warn you to not take this as gospel, being as that I am VERY knew to this.

nuriko the faerie

10. wodsoa

wodsoa Member

Hey! I'm getting the same problem with my HP DVD Writer 200j.

SPTI Command Error!

Device: [1:1:0] HP DVD Writer 200j (E:)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: AD 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 04 00 00
    Interpretation: Read DVD Structure

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No Additional Sense Information

This really blows, because DVD Decrypter will not allow me to burn an image file, and everytime I try to burn with Nero it thinks I'm burning a CD, not a DVD. So I feel pretty screwed right now.

11. nuriko

nuriko Guest

wodsoa, are you sure you have it set to the right drive? Every time Nero does that, it's because I don't have it set to the correct drive to burn to, or the correct disc.

Or maybe I'm just dumb.

12. scathe18

scathe18 Member

I just bought a HP200i and am having great dificulties with burning also. Something to do with SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error. I have never burnt any cd yet and have been trying to solve this problem for a week now. I did try reformatting my computer and I took out all conflicting burning softwares. It starts burning then it will stop half way or even after 3% using NERO. I have tried e-mailing the tech. support of Nero but they haven't replied yet. I am using WIn98. If anyone has fixed this problem please post it up. It will be so greatly appreciated.

13. zeionez

zeionez Member

the newest version of nero cant burn dvd+rw/+r until you get the svcd upgrade patch , or so i was lead to believe

14. scathe18

scathe18 Member

Was able to burn already. Just had to disable DMA!!!!! Anyway, haven't tried to burn on a dvd+r yet. Would anone know where I can find that svcd patch to download?
    Thanks

15. nuriko

nuriko Guest

strange... I didn't think that I had a patch on nero. Oh well. Probably do I'm just being a blonde.

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ok guy's we'll try to help out -
    For your DVD-5's use DeCrypter - good choice - a great step by step guide can be found here -

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm

For your DVD-9's, my choice is DVD Shrink. It's free, will rip your movies in generally 30 to 40 minutes.It allows you to compress your larger DVD-9's to the necessary 4.36GB keep in or remove menus and trailers (re-author) and provides you with a nice neat VIDEO_TS folder for you to have Nero or CloneDVD burn for you.
    Head down this-a-way to download the program and read their step by step guide -

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm

A powerful program, easy to use -
    Enjoy,
    "P"

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member