1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped PS2 games - HELP !!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Sep 1, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

I have downloaded a version of gran turismo 4 - ps2 [bold][I had bought the game - but I scratched it up something rotten].[/bold] But it comes in many parts. Each file appears the same - but is given a different number. ie. instead of being an .exe or .rar file or whatever files they may be - it is just .001 and .002 and so on.
    Occasionally I have simpley used winace or rar on the .001 part and it works - but sometimes it doesn't.
    SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT, PLAESE - I have wasted so many DVDs trying to burn this.

and thanx in advance.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 magic swap - slide tool
    pioneer dvd 106d dvd-rw
    help!!!!!!!!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2004
  2. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

it's easy if u use winrar just dubbleclick on 001 file and winrar should start up (if not select it) and then you'll get an iso

3. davedumb

davedumb Guest

thanx for the reply mate,
    yeah, that normally works for me, but sometimes it doesn't recognize it properly. - I have still had some that do not recognize that give me an iso and then work in ps2. But gt4 doesn't. It says something like [bold]this is part of a multi volume archive please insert disc with the rest of the info [/bold] or similar.

Also it sometimes shows an empty archive - when you know it isn't- and if you manage to get it to extract it seems to work (ie. it puts the iso on HDD for you.

Has anyone DLL'd gt4_prologue_pal_ConFusioN - if so PLEASE PLEASE post on telling me how to extract.

4. davedumb

davedumb Guest

i somehow have an iso now, but it said it was damaged when I unzipped it. Burning in NERO now will have to wait and see if it works in my ps2 tonite.

cheers for telling us that thoughr tripwire - I thought that was what you do I just wasn't sure. When I get a corrupt archive or whatever I always think it someting i done wrong.

ps. I think I needed a new archiver - PowerArchiver. coz thats wot i got my iso out of.

sound

5. meta1

meta1 Regular member

WinRAR will un pack your files better than PA, PA tends to unpack files quicker but it also misses things out because of this.

Try unpacking with winrar if the copy doesn't work.

PS. If you could PM me the site you found this download on I would appreciate it, I have recently done the same as you (except i didn't scratch it i shattered the disk).

6. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

i'd never had a dvd rip working i had Driver 3 but it doesn't work! all the dvd rip's that i can burn on cd just doesn't work.

7. m4a1

m4a1 Member

what program did you use to ripp the game?

8. davedumb

davedumb Guest

META 1 - cheers for the post - the site I got it from is SUPRNOVA.org - but I also check a site called [bold]500+ bit torrent sites[/bold] from there it shows you many sites and a few good BT search engines

9. davedumb

davedumb Guest

m4a1 - I downloaded a ripped game. I wish I knew which program was used

10. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

i downloaded it for a friend so i did not rip the game myself but i can't get any rip to work on cdr :(

11. davedumb

davedumb Guest

it's a nightmare innit. I have had about 5 ripped games that eventually work with winRAR. so try that dude

12. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

well it's not winrar that's the problem but i think i burn them wrong or something, the only game that works
    is shellshock vietnam but it hangs all the time.
    i just burn them with DVD Decrypter at max speed on emtec cd's

13. davedumb

davedumb Guest

yeah, i had driv3r but on 4x burn it skips and freezes.
    - on 1x it is totally fine though

14. BlahBlah9

BlahBlah9 Member

If you're having trouble unraring, you could try renaming the .001 file to .r00, the .002 to .r01 and so on... worked for me.

15. davedumb

davedumb Guest

thanx mate i'll try that.
    I already had to delete that file though. :-\