1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripped with shrink but now how do I watch?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nlm1976, Dec 26, 2007.

1. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

Hi all. I don't check in often so I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but nothing popped up for me that answered my question.
    Anyway...I ripped a movie onto my laptop that I want to watch using Shrink but my Windows Media Player won't play it. What program (preferably free) can I use to watch my movie?? I don't want to burn it so I don't need that option...just viewing.
    Thanks.

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

nlm1976,
    Your ripped DVD will play in Windows Media Player if there is an MPEG-2 decoder installed on your computer. Download K-Lite Codec Pack Full .This decoder should be automatically detected by Windows Media Player. Also, make sure you have the .VOB and .IFO files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

3. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

I downloaded first the basic playback only and then the default option of the program you suggested but it's still not working. Also...when I ripped it I saved it as an ISO Image File b/c the other format would do anything for me...there was no option to play it in that format.
    HELP!!! What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

nlm1976,
    You should've specified that it's an ISO file. Certainly, Windows Media Player will not play it. Anyway, Try VLC Media Player.

5. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

Sorry. I thought using that format was standard for viewing rather than burning...that's why I didn't mention it.
    So...that brings up another question...if you say I can view it using the other files (save to hard drive option) then how do I?
    I know these questions sound really dumb but my knowledge is pretty limited.

6. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

I just installed the VLC player and it plays my file. Thank you.

I do still hope to get answers to my previous questions if you have time. :)

7. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

nlm1976,
    Under it's current format (ISO),drag the ISO file in VLC, and the movie should initiate playback. Now, depending on what application you're using to rip the DVD opt to create a VIDEO_TS folder instead of an ISO image.

8. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

The VLC is working perfectly for me. I guess it doesn't matter how to do it another way if I can do it this way. I'm using Shrink to rip the DVD.
    Thanks again for your help.

9. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Alrighty then :)