1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rippin Resident Evil/Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by enovrdrv, Jan 9, 2005.

1. enovrdrv

enovrdrv Member

Just wanted to let the folks who are having a hell of a time trying to rip this dvd. They used a jumper in the first VOB. It runs blank for 2:45 seconds on the original and the ripped vob 1. On original there is menu preview or whatever playing during that time. At the end of 2:45 secs it jumps back to the beginning and gets it's pointer, then jumps back to start movie. "IFO EDITOR" will rebuild IFO's & BUP's & VOB's which you may point to an empty "VIDEO_TS" folder. Will say error at some point stating "IFO doesn't seem to exist". Just click it away and program continues. When finished you can burn it as usual. Sounds like alot, but it's not considering I have sat here every night for a week trying to rip it. Pass along to other newbies like me and report to other forumes so "Smart Ripper" and "Decrypter" can build this feature in to new versions and automate it.

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

DVDdecrypter, and VOBripper has already got it covered. its a new copy protection that they started using on the newer dvds. I know DVD Decrypter v3.5.2.0 had this covered when they released their new version on the 5th of this month. just download the new version and it will be as simple has it has always been.

3. enovrdrv

enovrdrv Member

Just checked & I have the latest version of decrypter. Have you tried to ripp Resident Evil/Apocalypse Yourself. Even the post that offered the PLS file to import to Decrypter was D-loaded 1306 times. Hard to believe this many people are not in the know. If so, tell me how to set Decrypter to ripp this particular DVD.

4. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I just updated to the newer version and used the file mode. Once all the files were on my HD i repacked it using DVD2one and then burned using copyTOdvd. Another program that i did it with just to see it it would work was VOBblanker. Its alot slower but was successful.

5. Junito

Junito Guest

Guys I was able to copy this movie using Decrypter. Was very simple, under mode just click file and decrypt, and boom there you go, copy with nero.