1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping A Double Sided dvd?????????

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by djmacca, Apr 6, 2005.

1. djmacca

djmacca Guest

hi there,i have a double sided dvd movie (very old i know).How can i rip this so it will fit on one dvdr please???,is it possible or not.many thanks

;-)

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yes it is possible with many different programs. If you're looking for free you can use DVD Shrink, unfortunately you won't be able to keep the menus. If you want to keep the menus too, I'd say go with something like CloneDVD2. I'll give you a tutorial on how to do this with DVD Shrink.

1) Rip first side to hard drive using DVD Shrink in Full Disc mode and [bold]as DVD files, NOT an ISO image![/bold]
    2) Flip disc over and choose reauthor mode.
    3) Find folder with DVD files from first side and drag that folder over to the left side of the screen.
    4) Find VIDEO_TS folder on disc and drag it over to the left side of the screen.
    5) You should now have 2 movie titles on the left side of the screen. Hit Backup.

This makes the movie so that Title 1 is the first side and Title 2 is the second side. If you want to know how to do it using CloneDVD2, it's pretty self-explanatory when you go through the program.

Hope that helps...