1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping a dvd and pulling a scene out

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mykmiller, Sep 20, 2007.

1. mykmiller

mykmiller Member

I am wanting to take some football plays out of a game I have on DVD and email them to someone. How do I go about doing that. I have DVD decrypter.

Thanks.

2. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

If you download media stream clip ( which is free ) then convert it too quicktime, you can use it on Final cut pro editing program.... hope this helps ......... if anything i was looking for an video editing program for the pc if anyone knows it.........

3. thomas65

thomas65 Member

For a fast and dirty approach, use DVD Shrink. It has the ability to extract sections of footage that can be backed up as individual mini-movies onto your HDD(give them a sequence number when backing up). I've used this approach to copy my favourite action scenes from my DVD's to combine them into one DVD for those days when I get bored. After extracting all your scenes, use DVD Shrink again to recombine all the mini-movies in sequence and then back this up as a complete movie onto your HDD. Then using Nero or simular program burn this movie onto a blank DVD. The only drawbacks are that you can't get the start or finish frame to the exact frame that you want, and you can't add subtitles etc. The plus is that it is very quick, and doesn't require any converting to other formats. See the DVD Shrink guide for how to grab sequences from a DVD for further info. Cheers from down under.

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

My recommendation is use the demo of videoredo, the demo will let you edit up to a 30 minute clip. Just get the vob file that has the scene you want and you can frame accurate remove it, just save it as a mpeg1 or mpeg2.

http://www.videoredo.com/