1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping a dvd movie with dts or dolby digital

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by azizeqab, Aug 27, 2004.

1. azizeqab

azizeqab Guest

hi i have a fully upgraded creative sound systen 7.1 giga works, ddts-100 decoder and the 7.1 audigy 2 zs platinium. when i play a dvd film in power dvd the decoder detects it as dts sound or dolby whatever it is set to. what i want is once i rip it on my hard drive is how i get the decoder to detect it. if i rip it as dts there is no sound it is mute. with dolby it works but the decoder does not detect it as dolby but plays sound fine but not as good when it detects it on the original dvd disc not as good surround sound. so does anyone now how to make the ddts-100 decoder to detect the dts or dolbly digital i want the lights to go on the decoder for it to detect the sound. is there any encoding or something to do is there a guide for thisalso for games it says it dolby digital on the box and still the light does not go on.

2. turkey

turkey Regular member

what program are you useing to rip the DVD?

some rippers are better then others at creating pure copies of DVDs. DVD decrypter, and Smartripper are good, free programs available on this site's software download page. Use DVDShrink if you plan to burn your ripped DVD later on...