1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping a menu??? is this possible???

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by bekahn, Feb 8, 2004.

1. bekahn

bekahn Member

How can I rip the menu from a DVD? I have downloaded DVD Backup and Osex and have DVDSP. I cannot figur eout how to import into DVDSP or how to rip menus. Please help.

2. awarlock

awarlock Member

I know that if you use DVD2OneX and your source DVD is not to large such as an animated movie where the movie maybe only runs a little over an hour to an hour and a half, you can do a "Disk Copy" and create an exact replica of your source DVD complete with menus, trailers, etc.

In this case, you use DVDBackup to copy the source DVD to your hard drive and then use DVD2OneX to "Disk Copy" and create the VIDEO_TS file and Toast to burn.

I haven't tried, on a larger movie, to utilize a menu with the movie with DVD2OneX. I'll probably try that in the next couple of days and see what happens.

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

use dvd shrink
    if you want the whole disc just do a full disc copy- but if you just want the movie and the nice menus- use dvd shrink you can reauthor the dvd and select only the video files (extras) that you want and put the menus on- when you put the dvd in a player you will have all the menus but when you try to select a missing extra you will get an x on the corner of your screen- or what ever your players error message is- and will be sent back to the root menu you want- dvd shrink is free and has WAY more features than most expensive programs like DVDx copy- you can even cut out credits- or delete certain chapters, delete unwanted subtitles or audio streams as well- and its pretty easy to use, just point and click

4. robguy

robguy Member

DVDShrink will only work with MACS if using Virtual PC. There is no Mac version of DVDShrink.