1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping America: A Tribute To Hereos DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Kyotech, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Kyotech

Kyotech Guest

I'm trying to rip the audio from the DVD America: A Tribute to Hereos and burn the audio to CD. It ripps ok but I can't get the audio?

2. Wiener

Wiener Guest

Extracted from dRD's previous post:
    -----------------------------------
    This has been asked before, please try to use search first.

Anyway, easiest is to rip the movie (SmartRipper or similiar), use AC3Dec to strip the audio from the VOB files into downmixed WAVs and then use Nero to burn the audio CD out of WAVs.

3. Kyotech

Kyotech Guest

Tried that also and I get 2 small wav files. I dragged all the VOBs from the rip into AC3Dec and all I get is the 2 small WAV files.

4. Kyotech

Kyotech Guest

Well after ripping the DVD and using Power DVD I can play the .VOB files but can't extract the audio from them. I tried using AC3Dec but no go. Anyone else with ideas???

5. Wiener

Wiener Guest

AC3DEC can be tricky to use. The GUI that comes with it is a little "weak" and the command-line version is the ticket but tricky to use. There is a front-end that makes it fairly easy to use but I can't remember what it is called. Check the Afterdawn FAQs.
    Another thought I had is that you could try FlaskMPEG. If you load your VOB file and select the right audio track, then you can select RUN from the FlaskMPEG menu, then select "Extract Audio to WAV". Should do it for you. Good luck.
    Wiener

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Or you can use DVD2AVI, look at our VCD guide for settings -- OK, it produces (in this case) useless d2v file as well, but does the AC3 -> WAV downmixing pretty nicely.

7. sokristi

sokristi Guest

Or how about you extract the AC3 from the VOB's with DVD2AVI (Demux, not decode)and then use for instance HeadAC3he to do the downmix?

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

sokristi: Good method as well.