1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping and Burning Traceable? BBMAYO

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CKY_2084, Feb 8, 2005.

1. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I just read somewhere on a thread that you can tell if you rip someones DVD or if someone has ripped a DVD that you own and lent to a friend? My question is how do you go about doing that because I would like to know if someones ripped a DVD of mine or how many times it has been watched? Is this all true or was BBMAYO just joking?

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

iT is all very true would bbmayo pull our leg?

Think about it. What happens when you rip a disc. Your PC reads it and stores that file on your hard drive. Nothing else. There are no changes made to "that disc". You are finished with the original at that point.

The answer is no way, no how. If you do not trust your "friend", do not give them your discs.

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Got any articles on that. Because couldnt you jsut use a PC not connected to the Internet and a DVD player thats not connected to a phone line, then you should be A OK if you did in fact wanted to back up a friends disc right?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK OK ya got me I was messing with the poor French guy :)

Just havin some fun.. You blew it Noqoilpi...

Sorry didnt mean to cause an uproar I was just trying to stop him from Piracy!!

:)

5. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

just copy it like you have been dont worry about the phone line there is no such thing @bbmayo- even though the other thread he refered to was pretty funny i had to tell him.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

party pooper!!!!

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you really want to become paranoid, run your Ad-Aware software, clear your cookies, run a popup blocker, especially Google’s, then get filemon.exe program and see what is running in the background and what is being sent over your internet from your PC after you did all that. As soon as you connect via your browser it all starts to come back into your PC and big brother begins to check up on you all over again! <G>

8. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Man sure got a lot of people taking it seriously. Good one Had me fooled

9. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Yeah its 100% true my dog owns all the DVD's so when they trace it shes going to jail not me! Yeah that will teach her to bark all the time and no biscuits for her anymore!